Versys in commuter garb - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Versys in commuter garb

Ah, the Versys as a Commuter! When the weather is good it always seems to take longer to get home because you took a long cut up a nice curvy mountain road and then looped back home. The GF says "you're never home on time when you drive that #*@ bike to work!". Hey it's just wind down time. When you're in you 50's there are things you just gotta do, cause the clock is still ticking.

Show off your commuter set up.

This is how mine is. The Wolfman Moto Briefcase is a wonderful case for work with a Laptop padded bag and bungee hooks built into the case. The hard top case is a 38$ chinese scooter case that holds my XL Modular helmet. The bag connection tank bag works great and is easy to unclip and mount and does not touch or scratch the tank. The Vario windscreen works great in the urban environment that I get stuck commuting in.

I had to scale back the farkle list to get a setup of Motoport Kevlar Ultra II air mesh jacket and air mesh kevlar pants. Great set of riding gear, very comfortable and easy to don, Fits over work clothes. With all the protective pads you can pretty much stand the pants up in the corner of your office.

Gordon

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 04:36 PM

Here's mine just after getting home one night.

Givi rear rack with $50 JC Whitney givi knock-off, alaska leather for cushy on the tushy, and a Joe Rocket Manta XL tank bag.

70 mile round trip goes by real nice these days

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 04:47 PM

This might not be entirely fair for me since my "commute" is up to my home office, but I have my V set up for light touring, which isn't a whole lot different from commuting. In addition to the V35 panniers, which I plan to leave on pretty much always, I have an Akona waterproof bag that holds camping gear and should sit nicely across the pillion seat. KTM handguards, BMW grips with DualStar heated grips, a Powerlet and Heatroller for a Gerbings jacket, Spencer modified seat, 55w driving lights, Madstad bracket and windshield, and EMGO Mark II mirrors. Now all I have to do is go ride it! (C'mon spring...)

EDIT: For the commuter angle, I should have mentioned the Stebel horn. Bikes are small compared to most traffic, so I like to be ready with the sound of an Italian delivery truck if someone invades my right of way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bones Commute 1.jpg (479.4 KB, 297 views)
File Type: jpg Bones Commute 2.jpg (233.4 KB, 236 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868

Last edited by Bones; 03-01-2009 at 07:24 AM.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 11:25 AM

When I commute, my bike looks like this:

Pretty much stock. I wear a backpack. I may get some soft bags this year though.

07 Versys - Ebony
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 02:39 PM

With the taller custom wind screen, Acerbis hand guards, heated grips, pvc tubes, tank bag and optional Canadian Tire tank bag for a rear pillon case, my 110km commute is a breeze. Any weather (no snow however) I'm on the V.

cheers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF01622 (1)2.JPG (475.1 KB, 291 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0176.JPG (94.7 KB, 275 views)

Falling down is your bodies way of saying you just screwed up.

IBA# 38547
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 10:43 AM

I am looking to replace the milk crate I've been using so far. I was looking at the Givi setups but Gordon's Chinese scooter case looks good. Where did you find that?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 01:13 PM

Here's my commuter set-up. I don't always use the saddlebags. Want to get some small hard cases to leave on all the time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg V2.JPG (130.8 KB, 250 views)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 02:09 PM

I'll post up some pics later, but my V has two personalities:

Commuting:

Givi e45 top case (holds my laptop to work and full face helmet and boots while at work)
Givi e21 side cases. (hold my cover and shoes to work, pants and jacket while at work)
Gaurdian Cover
Speedy sidestand foot
Heated grips
Socket for heated jacket, gloves and or socks as needed
Hand guards

Touring:

Same as above.
JR Magna tank bag
2610 GPS
Madstadt adjustable screen with MRA screen
Beadrider beaded seat cover
ipod touch with er6i ear buds
Audiovox Cruise
SS brake lines and uprated pads
Fenda Extenda
Kawi Crash Bungs
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturesway View Post
I am looking to replace the milk crate I've been using so far. I was looking at the Givi setups but Gordon's Chinese scooter case looks good. Where did you find that?
I found the case at http://www.rmartinbikes.com I bought an electric scooter from them and they had the cases in black, red or white. They are GD Adlo Group Co. Ltd cases Model ADLO 938-A 16 3/4"W 14"D 11 1/2" T. I am able to store my HJC Sy Max II helmet in it with a little squeeze, as the case is made of ABS and a little flexible. It came with a mounting plate but had to have a hole drilled to match the hole pattern on my Top rack. I misquoted the price above it should be 56$. I think the JC Whitney cases are made by ADLO also.

Gordon
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 12:22 AM

It got warm a few weeks ago so I put this little shield on but this is my V in commuter status.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg versyscommute1.jpg (108.6 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpg versyscommute2.jpg (117.9 KB, 249 views)

ST1300, Versys, SV650S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode