You never know... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
You never know...

Hello my friends...
I sold my Versys last July 2012 and bought a Tiger 800XC. Very nice bike, very powerfull but now Im selling it. I have had some financial problems and I have to sell it... theres a guy very interested and the price he offers is good.

And because I cant live without a bike I though in another (cheaper but good) option and I think Versys is the answer. Besides, this forum is really more technical and fun!

I owned a 2009 Versys... In your knowledge, Does the 2013 version have any improvements?

Ive seen that power and accesories are all the same so it looks like just the "look" and colors of the bike are the difference. Do you know if the 2014 model will have any substantial differences?
As always, thanks for your comments!

it is what it is...

Last edited by kurt; 05-01-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
I have had some financial problems and I have to sell it... Does the 2013 version have any improvements? Do you know if the 2014 model will have any substantial differences? As always, thanks for your comments!
Since you asked for comments, if your financial problems force you to sell your bike, you should probably be looking at a used bike instead of brand spanking new.

Yes the 2010 and up are mostly cosmetic with changes. No major functional changes.

wherever this takes you!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 08:41 PM

As far as I understand the biggest "upgrade" for 2010 and up is some sort of rubber added to the motor mounts or something like that... And of course a different set of front end plastics. I agree with CapnKirk... You might just find an excellent used V out there already farkled a bit to boot.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 08:59 PM

if you're not in a hurry you'll find a nicely equipped Versys 2010 for around 5500$...
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 10:15 PM

Z1000 mirrors are indeed function changes much better IMO than the 09 and older ones... Also they changed to a z1000 brake light too... Plus the rubber engine mounts to reduce vibes

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Bikes:
65cc Benelli Dynamo
Yamaha ttr-125
Kawasaki KX-125
Yamaha Yz426-f (current)
2010 Kawasaki Versys! (very current and loving it!)
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 10:54 PM
MTS

+1 to Kirk!

Used maybe 10+.

Best bang for buck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 10:09 AM

Kurt is in Peru, so our US market may not be indicative of his.
It'd be good to have you back, Kurt!
I rode my friends '11 V. Smoother than my '09. Plus had the nicer mirrors and pegs.
Good luck!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for the acclaration. Is not easy to find a Versys here. As I was told by the local dealer, not so many bikes were sold in the last years so a good second hand will be difficult. I sold mine (Versys 09) last year @ US$6,500 and I can get a new one (13) for US$9,990
If I bought one from US and bring it here, it probably cost the same or a little less...

it is what it is...
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 06:31 PM

Hi Kurt, good luck with your next versys. I was just wondering how much better or should I say different, was the tiger over the versys. I really like the tiger when I first saw and was the only other bike I liked for me but price difference was to big. Especially since I was looking for a used versys myself. So how did u like it? Was it much more capable of stuff with punchy motor? Would u recommend the tiger over the versys ? Sorry just really curious.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 09:30 PM

ramboner, your question wasn't directed to me, but I sold a Tiger to buy my Versys, so will chime in.

The Tiger has a lot more power, it is quirky and torquey (sp?) as hell. When cruising on the highways it was like butter, no vibration or buzzing at all. I lived in SoCal as well and would cruise in the HOV lanes on the 405 or 5 at 85 mph no problems at all.

Where the Tiger fails is the size, it is quite tall and very top heavy, making it difficult for a shorter person such as myself to utilize it properly off the highways. The Tiger also had more minor things go wrong, just quirky stuff. Tiger's are also more maintenance intensive.

If the Tiger was available in a smaller size, I would still own one. Too bad I couldn't have put it in the dryer and shrunk it. Over the last week I have put about 1,000 km's on my new Versys. Almost every mile I wish it was the Tiger, despite its faults.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 03:24 AM

Hey thanks revrandy. I've had my versys 2010 for two months now. and just love it. I thought the tiger would be comparing it to like Camry vs a Lexus. Sounds like it kinda is. Thanks for reply. To me it's just pay more to have more brag rights. Except for the bigger engine course! But still u really think it would make the grand difference in a epic adventure?
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Well yes, Tiger has a lot of power which is amazing and you can take that engine almost to 10K withan incredible feeling but as I said, for financial issues I sold it and of course, the Versys would be my second choice. All the other options are more expensive. Versys is a little smaller, almost the same weight but I think as the Tiger is taller it feels heavier. The Versys is a perfect all around bike, excellent in the city and highway but when you enter to dirt or mud, you miss the 21" wheel of the Tiger. But as I said once, theres no perfect bike... to be honest, I would be more that happy with a 800cc Versys!

it is what it is...
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 11:51 AM

Cool! Thanx Kurt.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 06:08 PM

Plan B: make a Tiger out of a Versys . . . Makes all the power you need and is very light and flickable . . . No need for 800cc's

Motorcycle Maniac

2009 Versys, 2009 DL650, 2013 CB500X ABS

Last edited by mcmann; 05-05-2013 at 10:45 PM.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 08:18 PM
cls

I've been waiting for an 800cc Versys R for years now. A high-spec, sportier version, while retaining the economy (or improving it, even.) and ease of ownership. "Balance" is the key. I'll gladly pay for what I'm asking for. The best practical, fun, public road bike going. I'm still waiting...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode