Come on warm weather! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Come on warm weather!

Sorry just a little cabin fever.* I might have to trailer my bike from the dealer if it stays this cold much longer.* Sitting on it in the garage might have to hold me over until spring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg greyversys.jpg (113.3 KB, 56 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 08:35 PM

I feel the same way. I actuallly took this week off work, hoping to make a little trip. But I'd have to ride hundreds of miles south just to get to decent weather. So I'll just sit here and keep playing with wrenches for a while!

Jeff in Illinois
07 Bandit
03 KLR
82 Rokon
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 09:09 PM

I started moving everything out of the garage so I could do laps. Didn't go over very well. I bet dallasdon could rig up some kinda treadmill with a big screen TV in front for us northerners. Dallas?

'09 er6n
'89 Transalp
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world."

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 09:41 PM

Guys,

I don't envy the weather in CONUS.
I was sailing around in the US and Canada and it is bone chilling during winter.

It is bike hibernating time with the battery charger plugged in.
The good thing I am sure is that all those technical manuals and toolbox are out in Force!
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 09:52 PM

I know how you feel. I'm just waiting for a day over 40...or so. Winters are long here in Iowa. I need my two wheeled therapy!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 01:26 AM

guys, i'll clock the milage for you

its 31°C
Current: Mostly Cloudy
Wind: SW at 6 km/h
Humidity: 66% here
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 07:26 AM

It's funny, I was just telling CheesyRider the same thing last night... that I might not be able to wait for nice weather to bring my new V home from the dealer. I think I'd feel better putting all the farkles on in the cold garage without riding it, than just twiddling my thumbs waiting for a day over 40 degrees.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 09:34 AM

Farkle therapy isn't working for me. I installed the handguards. Put on the new windshield. Speedy's parts are on the way. The tail rack is on order. The top case is collecting dust in my dining room. How does all this stuff work? I don't have a freakin' clue. The bike hasn't turned a wheel since I brought it home in December.

The February blues are definitely settling in.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 11:39 AM

I maned up and bought some thermals, fleace lined jeans, cold weather riding gloves, face warmer and layered up with a t-shirt, long sleaved shirt and my joe rocekt jacket with liner....felt fine.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 11:52 AM

Down here in the sunny south there is no such thing as winterizing! I don't think I have gone longer than two weeks without being able to ride and I bet our brothers and sisters along the gulf coast don't have to sit out more than two or three days at a time. Even on the coldest days here I see bikes on the rode (we rarely get below 20F, except maybe in the mountains). So we are keeping the wheels turning for all of the rest of you!

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 12:01 PM

been riding since January 5th sorry to hear about your unriden V's... I found a pair of gloves that really help out with the cold. There called Alpinestar Windstoppers no wind chill on the fingers and they feel great.

Working to make it my Streetfighter
V
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 01:53 PM

So you're saying that if I trailer my bike to the island I can go riding? I'm seriously thinking about this in a couple of weeks. I need to break the bike in so maybe you can suggest some roads to travel. This cabin fever is getting unbearable.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 05:02 PM

we have the highway out to Port Renfrew from Victoria about a 2 hour ride you can keep going and cut up a logging road that IMO can be in better shape than the road to Port you follow that road through the mountains you can see bears and elk sometimes. From following the logging road it takes you to Cowichan Lake and on to the Island highway then back to Vic the whole ride can take about 4 hours 6 if you stop for lunch or drinks in Youbou at the pub in town ,, Good looking women and great food at that pub will be up there this weekend on a ride. from there you can take multi back roads through the farm land and back to Victoria. In Victoria we have about 6 diffrent roads that are twisty and usually with a good view of mountains and they are about 5 minutes outside fo town.

So the highway to Port Refrew is Highway 14 and the highway from Cowichan Lake is #18 also the speed limit on the 18 is 110 in someplaces.

V

Last edited by xprovince; 02-20-2009 at 05:24 PM.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 05:28 PM

It's still winter here, dammit, but all that snow sure is beautiful... I can expect to be out around beginning of April. There's my insulated airbox on the snow bank getting some fresh air:
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 05:46 PM

Same thing here in Iowa. 2-7" forecast of snow tonight. I did have the dealer trailer my new 08 to me a few weeks ago aso i could play with it in the garage. Just got rid of the snow and now more tonight. Maybe in a few weeks? Hate to put too many new things on the bike until i ride it more. Did have the dealer put Speedys lower kit on it and i managed a whopping 22 mile ride one day. Oh Spring where are you?

Yamaha Secca II
1600 Classic-sold
08 Verseys
1986 Corvette

Life is not a practice run. Enjoy each and every day.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
It's still winter here, dammit, but all that snow sure is beautiful... I can expect to be out around beginning of April. There's my insulated airbox on the snow bank getting some fresh air:
OMG thats a wonder land !!! but you can keep it

V
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xprovince View Post
we have the highway out to Port Renfrew from Victoria about a 2 hour ride you can keep going and cut up a logging road that IMO can be in better shape than the road to Port you follow that road through the mountains you can see bears and elk sometimes. From following the logging road it takes you to Cowichan Lake and on to the Island highway then back to Vic the whole ride can take about 4 hours 6 if you stop for lunch or drinks in Youbou at the pub in town ,, Good looking women and great food at that pub will be up there this weekend on a ride. from there you can take multi back roads through the farm land and back to Victoria. In Victoria we have about 6 diffrent roads that are twisty and usually with a good view of mountains and they are about 5 minutes outside fo town.

So the highway to Port Refrew is Highway 14 and the highway from Cowichan Lake is #18 also the speed limit on the 18 is 110 in someplaces.
Thanks for the advice, xprovince. I think I'll head that way in a few weeks. I've been up the road to Port Renfrew a few times on the rickety old bus to the West Coast Trail. I'm sure the view is a little different from a motorcycle.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 01:39 AM

Taken 10 minutes ago, in Farenheit... Warm weather is near now for sure! I can feel it.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 04:06 AM

Just testing to see if I can get my local weather to set up here

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.weatherchannel.com.au/Magic94scripts/mgrqispi94.dll?appname=WC&prgname=WOYS&Id=11835"></script>
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 04:07 AM

Seems not. pity.

23 deg C. at 9pm. Overhead fan running but not quite aircon weather.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode