Lubing The Clutch Cable Video - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2013, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Lubing The Clutch Cable Video

The clutch cable on the versys is very simple. Heres a video i made when i did mine this morning.Hope this helps. Watch in 720dpi Large Screen

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2013, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Great video! Thanks for posting it. Somehow in reading the directions to do the same the beginning part of loosening the cable conduit and having it come off was beyond me. Now I intend on going home to give this a shot.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
It was overcast and a very light drizzle when i got started. Was hoping to get a better view.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Old 04-24-2013, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Nicely done Joseph. I do the same up to putting that fitting onto the cable. Where I differ is that I 'dribble' WD40 (are we surprised...?) into the end, while pulling/ pushing the cable inner back-and-forth till the WD40 comes out the bottom. Goes quickly like yours.

I got so p***ed off with the cable-lube you used, the first (ONLY!) time I tried to do a cable, lube EVERYWHERE (!!!) that I just fired it into the garbage.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Old 04-24-2013, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post

I got so p***ed off with the cable-lube you used, the first (ONLY!) time I tried to do a cable, lube EVERYWHERE (!!!) that I just fired it into the garbage.

Know what you mean. The first time was messy then the next time i made sure i pushed the lubing tool as far as possible down the cable housing and all went well. Motion Pro sell a lubing tool. The one i used i picked up at cycle gear it came as a kit with the tool and lube.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Old 04-24-2013, 07:57 PM

Old 04-24-2013, 08:22 PM

Nice job! I do mine the same way. Great of you to do this to help everyone out!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks Guys, It super easy but alot of guys including myself when it comes to somethings working on the bike can be intimidating. I got up the nerve to change my own plugs from a thread here on the forum that someone took the time to give step by step directions and supplied photos of the process.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Old 04-24-2013, 08:48 PM
MTS

Thanks weljo for taking the time to post that confirms, I did ok but need lubing tool to do better job.

Thanks again!

I would never have guessed fast eddie used WD40! The frickin wonder lube! LOL

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
Old 04-24-2013, 10:52 PM

Thanks, man...

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
Old 04-24-2013, 10:56 PM

Nice vid. Very detailed.

I prefer liquid graphite instead of the traditional lube+cable luber:
http://www.amazon.com/Bike-Dri-Slide-4oz-Needle-Nozzle/dp/B001F2Y25G
Old 04-25-2013, 10:40 AM

Is that this cup holder?

http://www.amazon.com/Kruzer-Kaddy-400-Leather-Handlebar/dp/B00A9ZA1GO/ref=sr_1_19?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1366900704&sr=1-19&keywords=motorcycle+cup+holder

May the road always curve in front of you.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatx View Post

Thats it. I use it to put my camera in while riding also or garage door opener. I've been thinking about replacing it with one of these... http://www.amazon.com/Amanet-Quick-Release-Drink-Holder/dp/B00AIXAIKQ

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Old 04-25-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Thats it. I use it to put my camera in while riding also or garage door opener. I've been thinking about replacing it with one of these... http://www.amazon.com/Amanet-Quick-R.../dp/B00AIXAIKQ

Why are you thinking of replacing it? What don't you like about it? Is the leather holding up okay after being in the sun and weather?

I can't tell if the one you linked swivels with the lean of the motorcycle and can't find any reviews.

May the road always curve in front of you.

Last edited by Zatx; 04-25-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatx View Post
Why are you thinking of replacing it? What don't you like about it? Is the leather holding up okay after being in the sun and weather?

I can't tell if the one you linked swivels with the lean of the motorcycle and can't find any reviews.

The leather is fine. But where the cup holder attaches to the mount is alittle bent out of shape so it doesn't swivel as well as it should. You can put a 20oz bottle in it if you take out the liner and a large McDonalds cup will fit but useless for anything larger. Also looking at these i know they swivel...http://www.gpscity.com/search/q=motorcycle+cup+holders

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Old 04-25-2013, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
can you do a video lubing the acceleration cables pleease??
I lube my clutch cable pretty often, but never touched the acceleration cable

Versys 2015 Green
Old 04-25-2013, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chid View Post
can you do a video lubing the acceleration cables pleease??
I lube my clutch cable pretty often, but never touched the acceleration cable

Yea i've never lubed the throttle cables yet. Just had them done while it was in the shop. But i might give it a shot.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Old 04-26-2013, 01:39 AM

Thanks for posting that, it does look fairly simple. How often do you do it?
Old 04-26-2013, 01:42 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avande View Post
Thanks for posting that, it does look fairly simple. How often do you do it?

Usally every 2nd oil change.But its so easy I think i'll start doing it every oil change.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Old 04-26-2013, 10:35 AM

Garage
Weljo

Thank's for your time and knowledge !

LOP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in