Need to sell my baby urgent. HELP! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

Need to sell my baby urgent. HELP!

OK. Here is the story. I was planning on shipping the bike to South Africa. But the entire cost will mount close to $4000 . Yes, i was shoked. Now I can get a new one for $7000 all costs included in South Africa.

Thus I am not going to ship the bike. Darn, How i loved it. But it makes no sense. Now my problem is that I am already in SA but my wife is still there.

Here are the specs and a photo. All the OE I took of for the extras is also still available.

2008 Kawasaki Versys. Red. 14000 miles. For sale at $6000

Very good condition. Full service record. Urgent Sale.

One owner. Just serviced. New front and rear sprockets. New chain. New Front Tire. Back tire got 80% tread left. Givi Screen. Crash bars. Bark Busters hand guards. Hepco & Becker Top Box. Large side stand footprint. GPS Mount. External Power Socket. Radiator Guard. Additional Kawasaki Good Times Protection Plan warranty.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 06:11 AM Thread Starter

o yes, i am currently inquiring about the signing of the title deed from here in SA. i will have an answer shortly. but it seems not to be a problem.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 08:22 AM

where is the bike now...

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

In Apex, North Carolina. It is like 15 miles south of Raleigh in NC, USA.

I need to get a bike here in SA as i wanna tour the world on a Versys. Not for marketing but just because it is such a capable vehicle. So I need to buy one as soon as possible. I wanted to do the world on my current as it got everything for touring. But man, not for an extra $3000 to $4000. It is just to much.

And they also say that the legal stuff for importing a motorcycle or even a motorcar into Africa is by all accounts HARD. Time consuming and not worth it.

The guys that would have imported my baby did not worry about getting money but told me that it is just not worth it. Now, this sucks.

Its got everything on it. I waited long to make the choice but I think this is the better option.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Just to clarify, your Versys has 14000 not 1400 miles on it, right?

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 12:24 PM

Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonkelnut View Post
OK. Here is the story. I was planning on shipping the bike to South Africa. But the entire cost will mount close to $4000 . Yes, i was shoked. Now I can get a new one for $7000 all costs included in South Africa.

Thus I am not going to ship the bike. Darn, How i loved it. But it makes no sense. Now my problem is that I am already in SA but my wife is still there.

Here are the specs and a photo. All the OE I took of for the extras is also still available.

2008 Kawasaki Versys. Red. 14000 miles. For sale at $6000

Very good condition. Full service record. Urgent Sale.

One owner. Just serviced. New front and rear sprockets. New chain. New Front Tire. Back tire got 80% tread left. Givi Screen. Crash bars. Bark Busters hand guards. Hepco & Becker Top Box. Large side stand footprint. GPS Mount. External Power Socket. Radiator Guard. Additional Kawasaki Good Times Protection Plan warranty.

Not sale releated, but was that picture taken in North Carolina ?

In my way from Charlotte to the Dragon we got detoured and ended up in the border with Tenessee.

Some were in my travels from Charlotte to the Dragon we stop for rest at a clift that looked just like, I took a picture of my wife and kids in what seems to be that same spot where you bike is standing...

Just curious...
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 11:46 PM

Looks like a nice bike, you have it nicely equipped, it would be a shame to start over. Are you sure there isn't a cheaper way to ship it? I've seen bikes go to and from Argentina/Uruguay for about $1500. It's not much further to SA.

Good luck with the sale,

Gustavo
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
Just to clarify, your Versys has 14000 not 1400 miles on it, right?
Right. 14 000 miles. I went on a across USA trip from NC to CA late last year. that is why the high miles.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVNET View Post
Not sale releated, but was that picture taken in North Carolina ?

In my way from Charlotte to the Dragon we got detoured and ended up in the border with Tenessee.

Some were in my travels from Charlotte to the Dragon we stop for rest at a clift that looked just like, I took a picture of my wife and kids in what seems to be that same spot where you bike is standing...

Just curious...
Yip. That is the spot.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo View Post
Looks like a nice bike, you have it nicely equipped, it would be a shame to start over. Are you sure there isn't a cheaper way to ship it? I've seen bikes go to and from Argentina/Uruguay for about $1500. It's not much further to SA.

Good luck with the sale,

Gustavo
Nope. It costs me $1200 for shipping, so you are correct. But, SA got VAT and other taxes. That adds up to 29% of the value of the bike. Then another $1300 for the importing into SA (if more than 6 months in country). It is all a huge money making scheme by government.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode