3D Mesh seat cover ? any1 ? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
3D Mesh seat cover ? any1 ?

Hey Y'all,

The latest rave here (in Israel) is 3D mesh seat cover - all the scooter delivery guys who ride around town all day use it and swear by it. I was thinking of getting one and would love to hear if anyone has tried it and how much was it.

this is what I'm talking about :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 07:59 PM

Almost the same as using a car seat cover made out of beads.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 07:24 PM

i am having it. I felt nothing out of this world difference except:

pro : No butt-baking after hours under direct sun.
con : it made the seat slippery and i slide to the front more.

I cant feel anything like cool wind under the butt like what most of others who used it claimed to experience. Or pain relieve over long miles on the saddle. Which i think is nothing much than placebo.

that's a non slip mat on the pillion side of the seat. It's slippery, remember?

Current : Maroon 2011.
- Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS brake lines - Osram Hyper 65W both low/high beam - LED 30w aux floodlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low - PIAA Platinum low

Last edited by andrewhtf; 04-16-2013 at 08:55 PM. Reason: added photo.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 08:59 PM

Oh, another reason why i kept it on. My neighbourhood cats. I'd rather have them clawing on the mesh (no damage, really) than having them sunk their claws on the seat.

- Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS brake lines - Osram Hyper 65W both low/high beam - LED 30w aux floodlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 11:28 PM
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewhtf View Post
Oh, another reason why i kept it on. My neighbourhood cats. I'd rather have them clawing on the mesh (no damage, really) than having them sunk their claws on the seat.
Not big on mesh. If a cat ever gets close to the my V I will shoot it! I have a special cat gun!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MTS; 04-17-2013 at 08:27 AM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 08:47 AM

MTS, share with me the Cat gun. I have cat problems.

Back to the topic, I have the MESH cover and it makes it more slippery. My wife who rides pillion don't like it, saying it is hard. I find it ok, and the best part is when it rains, the water will not collect at your butt area. I have so far stayed dry on the butt area with the rain pants which have been know to leak in rain water collected at the butt area.

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 09:17 AM
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2daMax View Post
MTS, share with me the Cat gun. I have cat problems.

Back to the topic, I have the MESH cover and it makes it more slippery. My wife who rides pillion don't like it, saying it is hard. I find it ok, and the best part is when it rains, the water will not collect at your butt area. I have so far stayed dry on the butt area with the rain pants which have been know to leak in rain water collected at the butt area.
Excellent cat gun! American Classic Crossman Model 1377 .177 cal. Up to 10 pumps I use 3 pumps! They never come back!

Good luck! I am not a cat hater at all. They are just not allowed on my property.

Did not mean to hijack! Sorry! Back to topic!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Catgun 1 jpg.JPG (126.2 KB, 125 views)

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by MTS; 04-18-2013 at 09:46 AM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 10:11 AM

I have a really nice Beaman-Webley pellet target pistol that I put the cleaning wads in it, and let me tell you, it doesn't harm them, but they never come back either.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 11:26 AM
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by massconn72 View Post
I have a really nice Beaman-Webley pellet target pistol that I put the cleaning wads in it, and let me tell you, it doesn't harm them, but they never come back either.
Thats a great idea! I don't want to harm someones pet, but keep your pet on your property! Ha! Ha! A little sting helps the memory!

By the way never chase a cat off your property. They will come back later and spray piss all over the place! LOL Move very slow and put the hurt on them! LOL

Its fun and helps the cat get back home!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Not big on mesh. If a cat ever gets close to the my V I will shoot it! I have a special cat gun!

I cant guard my bike 24/7, lol. Anyway i am a cat person, so i'd just let them be.
In fact i'd be happy if they start clawing my tyres instead

Up next :
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 10:15 AM
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewhtf View Post
I cant guard my bike 24/7, lol. Anyway i am a cat person, so i'd just let them be.
In fact i'd be happy if they start clawing my tyres instead
If you want cats to stay off your bike just put chicken wire around it onthe ground. Put some bends in it so its off the ground a couple inches. They hate that and will not walk on it! Thats how you make a no cat zone!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the input, I think that it worth trying.. I'll report when I have
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode