Void Warranty - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Void Warranty

Will adding an after market sproket and /or slip-on exhaust void existing warranty?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 12:42 PM

Yes and no, at least in the United States. An aftermarket part may void the warranty IF it caused or led to the problem under consideration. For example, let's say your engine craters on you and you've the sprocket. They can't blame engine failure on a sprocket (unless the sprocket change clearly caused severe overrevving or lugging, for example.)

Now let's say you get your engine fixed and then add an exhaust can. Now your turn signals quit working. Warranty implications?? Naaaa. But what if your fuel injection quits working? Will they honor the warranty given the fact that you've added the exhaust can? Maybe, but they could probably say "no" also, and either answer might be justifiable.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 08:51 AM

thats why I keep my stock exhaust... IF anything crazy were to happen I'd spend the hour or so to put it back on before I took it in... I know that it would be obvious if they looked into it that I haven't had it on for the 11+k miles that are on it but if they see it they'd prob. not think twice... so yeah who knows...

08 Versys 32+k and counting

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode