ROX Risers... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
ROX Risers...

As I like to "keep going when the road turns to dirt", and for me, that entails standing on the 'pegs a lot, I bought a set of 2" rise ROX Risers from another 'inmate' here (). Got them installed a few days ago, and here're a few observations (and pics...).

As installed by me, they had to 'come back' slightly, rather than just add the 2" rise straight up, because they touch the stock-riser inhibiting their forward movement (I intend trying again to see whether I can get them further forward). IF I can't move them forward (I MIGHT remove some metal so they don't touch the stocker, IF necessary...), then I might contact ROX and ask if they could make one with something like a 2 3/8" rise, obviating that contact point.

Ergonomics: WOW! These are comfortable while sitting, and REALLY put the controls where I NEED them (compared to stock) when I "get up on the 'pegs". An inch or so FORWARD is ALL I would ask for, to improve them for me.

Once I "do" the D2D this June I'll have a decent 'ride-report'.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00029.jpg (70.1 KB, 306 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00030.jpg (82.1 KB, 369 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00031.jpg (62.4 KB, 314 views)

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 10:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I have the 2in Rox Risers as well. At 6'02" with the Seat Concepts seat they were a requirement. I had tried Speedy's 1in risers but they just weren't big enough.

Love my risers. No hunching over to reach the bars for me.

I have mine rotated back much further than what you have pictured. If you're looking straight down at the stock riser my handlebars go right across the middle.

May the road always curve in front of you.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 10:46 AM

I too have ROX 2" risers on my V. I needed the bars brought up and back to suit my sitting position, as my arms are shorter than most (32/33 sleeve). The riding position is 100% better for me. Mine are also the anti-vibe version. It does help with the vibes in the handlebars.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 10:49 AM

did you guys modify the cables lengths to install them?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purificator View Post
did you guys modify the cables lengths to install them?...
Nope.

But I DID remove a bit from each side of my windshield to allow the mirrors space at full-lock. (Yamaha Majesty 'shield, HEAVILY modded...!)

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purificator View Post
did you guys modify the cables lengths to install them?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Nope. No mods were needed on my 2011. The cables just fit.. but barely.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 04:48 PM

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-14-2013, 08:46 AM

No cable mods for me either. Everything works as it should.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-14-2013, 09:58 PM

I've got the anti-vibe version with no mods. One of the best things I've done to the V.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 12:13 AM

I've had them for a couple years. When I put the Baldwin tall set on last year they went from nice to have to necessary.

2009 Kawasaki Versys
SWM Engine Guard; Windscreen de Jour on a MadStad bracket; Motowerk Peg Lowering kit & Stand Big Foot; ProTaper ATV Low bars; Stebel horn; KTM Duals Rear Rack; Coocase 36L topcase...and more to come

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 10:45 AM

The ROX products are nicely made - just put some on my wife's F650GS Twin to move the bars aft for her shortness...also had to replace the front brake line..

Dave T.

'09 Versys
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Went for a 30 mile dirt run yesterday, with lots more mud than I'd anticipated. Very comfortable standing on the 'pegs, which I NEEDED to do (or else I'd have done a 'face-plant' when it got wet and muddy), and it would have been BETTER if I'd waited till I install my Tourance tires. As it was, my ContiMotions did NOT let me down (tho' I was asking God to PLEASE get me thru this...), tho' they are FAR from dirt-tires - check the third and fourth pics.

Spent a pleasant hour or so today cleaning all that BC mud off the GREEN HORNET....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00067.jpg (104.3 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00068.jpg (94.4 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00076.jpg (74.4 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00077.jpg (88.9 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00078.jpg (91.1 KB, 111 views)

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

My 2" ROX Risers worked just FINE on my D2D ride, enough so that I bought a set of used 2" Anti-Vibe ROX Risers from another inmate of this forum(), and mounted them up onto BIG RED once I got back here to AZ. What I found is that the Anti-Vibe ROX Risers 'fix' the one issue I had w/ the originals:
- there's JUST enough extra clearance (a bit MORE than 2" I guess...) on them that I was able to rotate them forwards enough to clear the OEM riser, and puts the bars at the SAME position fore-and-aft as the originals, and as long as you understand that you'd have clearance issues w/ SOME windshields, they can rotate FORWARD giving room for tall guys.... I did some 'standing-on-the-pegs' thru the Valley of the Gods in Utah....
- -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01474 copy.jpg (60.1 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01475 copy.jpg (60.9 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01476 copy.jpg (61.1 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01477 copy.jpg (76.7 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01478 copy.jpg (60.5 KB, 118 views)

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 11-06-2013 at 02:59 PM.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 08:17 PM

Garage
How tell are you Eddie? I'm 5'10" and the motech riser I have is ok but I'm wondering if these would be better to bring the bars back towards me. Or If I would even want that, I don't stand up a whole lot but I occasionally due when hitting dirt.

Dave
1983 Honda XL600R / M-6
2015 Ducati Scrambler Urban Enduro / M-10
2017 Versys X300 / M-12
1966 Honda CT90

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 10:00 PM

I'm 5 10 as well and the anti-vibe risers are great. I do stand a bit as well when tired of sitting, or on dirt roads etc. Love them.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallCrawl View Post
How tell are you Eddie? I'm 5'10" and the motech riser I have is ok but I'm wondering if these would be better to bring the bars back towards me. Or If I would even want that, I don't stand up a whole lot but I occasionally due when hitting dirt.
I'm 5'10", 32" inseam. I didn't want the bars any closer to me (which the solid ROX risers do - SLIGHTLY), but needed them higher for when I do stand. When sitting (front of stock seat raised 9/16") my forearms are just a little LESS than level, and standing I don't end up w/ a "crick" in my back w/ the risers!

I LIKE the fact that the bars are the same re: fore-and-aft, as the stockers, and (bearing in mind mirror to windshield clearance issues) I CAN move them forward some amount... IF I feel a need.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 09:19 PM

Thanks for all the good pics guys, really gives a good idea of the setup. I have the Rox on my DR and really like them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode