First time with Speedy Passenger Peg Extensions - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

First time with Speedy Passenger Peg Extensions

Did our first run today two up with my new Speedy passenger foot peg extension.

Pleased to report that my long legged wife (hhmmm long legs, as Homer would say!) loves them. Allows her to straighten her knee, plus you don't get any boot to boot interference, i.e. her toe in my heal.

In the interests of full disclosure, I have meet Speedy and I am a big fan of his products, but unfortunately no financial connection to his excellent little company, http://www.motowerk.com

Machog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 04:26 PM

Quit with the farkle reports already!!

I keep trying to get to the point that I'm done throwing money at this thing, but people like you and Speedy and few others I can mention keep making that difficult.

I see a set of these in my future. Maybe my very near term future.

Thanks for the report and thanks to Speedy for his focused efforts on our beloved V.

Chris in Oneonta, NY
08 Versys that replaced my beloved 07 KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

>>>> states on a bike <<<<
>>>> East Coast done <<<<
>>>>> Westward HO! <<<<<
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 07:59 PM

Thanks for letting us know.
I'm considering these myself. The GF and I are planning a fairly long ride mid-may and these may be useful. Dunno for sure yet though, as she is a short girl, only like 5'2".
Do you think these would be beneficial to someone this short?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amir_zwara View Post
Thanks for letting us know.
I'm considering these myself. The GF and I are planning a fairly long ride mid-may and these may be useful. Dunno for sure yet though, as she is a short girl, only like 5'2".
Do you think these would be beneficial to someone this short?
Yes.
Ed
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

I agree with FEC, any time you can get your/her legs a bit straighter the more comfortable it will be, so yes.

My wife also likes using the Givi top box as a back rest.

Machog

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machog View Post
I agree with FEC, any time you can get your/her legs a bit straighter the more comfortable it will be, so yes.

My wife also likes using the Givi top box as a back rest.

Machog
Yes, I'm going to be getting a top box with a back rest sometime in the near future...
and I understand that straight legs will be more comfortable, but that's only to a certain extent, I wouldn't want her stretching to reach the pegs.. how far lower do the pegs drop with this mod?
I might have to take some measurements.

I'm planning a C to C (basically) trip in May and I think I'd like to take her along... so I'm looking to get the bike into a good long touring mode.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 01:25 PM

Hi Guys, to start with Happy New Year.

Hope you dont mind me intruding on your thread but I came across it during a search for Peg Extensions for my bike.

The wife loves to ride with me on the back but I have a Kawasaki ZZR1100 also known in Europe as a ZX1100. Does anybody know where I can get pegs from so that my wife can ride in comfort on the back of the bike. The pegs on the ZZR really are tiny and not good for distance riding. I currently live in POrtugal and finding things like this is really limited.

Thanks in advance.
diskwizz
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

I bet there's a very good chance the extension pegs for the V will fit your Kaw. Email Speedy and see what he says.

Its only a small change, but it made a huge difference to my bride having few inches more leg room.

Machog

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 02:32 PM

Cheers mate. Sent them a mail. Legroom is not her issue as she is only 5ft 2" but the pegs only have enough room for the tips of her toes...literally. And not even all five toes at that lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode