Throttle lock anywhere between Indianapolis and Columbus Ohio? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Throttle lock anywhere between Indianapolis and Columbus Ohio?

Hey guys. I am in the middle of a cross country trip and i lost my throttle lock/cramp buster thing. Does anyone have one in or around Indy or Columbus theyd be willing to sell me?

Cant find a store open that carries one and im not in any one place long enough to have it shipped. Youd save me a lot of trouble if i could find one.

Thanks!

Here is the bike for anyone else interested:

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 07:48 AM

I'll have a cramp buster I'd be happy to give you. It is the thin model. I'll be in Myrtle Beach for the next week. How can I get it to you?

Just a "rambler in my Father's world."
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 07:52 AM

Iron Pony in Columbus...

http://www.ironpony.com/

'15 DL1000

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 08:15 AM

I'm in Columbus Indiana (south of Indy) and have the GoCruise throttle lock I'd give you to complete your trip.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

May the road always curve in front of you.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 08:16 AM

Just noticed the date of this post. You're probably long gone by now. My apologizes for not seeing it sooner.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

May the road always curve in front of you.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I think I'm ok at this point. I'm in West Virginia at the moment. Probably only another day or two to Philly.. I'll live without it.

Lost the cramp buster but on the plus side, I hit absolutely NO weather at all from Denver to WV.. probably won't have any all the way to Philly. Been clear skys the whole trip.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastknowngod View Post
...Lost the cramp buster but on the plus side, I hit absolutely NO weather at all ....
After seeing several accidents caused by a combination of a slow-speed full-lock turn where the heel of the palm opened up the throttle, I'd say you're LUCKY it's gone. Replace it with something safer.

(I use "Vista-Cruise Universals" on my rides.)

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

I have one of those too but it didnt fit out of the box with my oxfords. Wasnt carrying it with me on the trip.

As far as accidentally hitting the throttle, it is really easy to spin the cramp buster around the grip and out of the way. If anyone is using that in a situation other than highway riding they are insane. If im heading for an off ramp i just spin it away from me.

Also, throttle locks/assists seem to be pretty polarizing. Ive seen more than a few people say they dont like the vista cruise because it actually locks the throttle. Others dont like the cramp busters cause they can get in the way. Personally, i think its just a matter of knowing how to use them properly.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastknowngod View Post
...Ive seen more than a few people say they dont like the vista cruise because it actually locks the throttle. Others dont like the cramp busters cause they can get in the way. Personally, i think its just a matter of knowing how to use them properly.
I've installed (and used) the Vista Cruise Universals on FIVE different bikes, and I do NOT see how it could ever 'lock' the throttle. My experience is that, even at the tightest, you can still wind-in more, or less throttle, quite easily!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode