Anybody heard from ALGARD lately? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Question Anybody heard from ALGARD lately?

I recently emailed Algard to order an engine guard for my V. I haven't heard anything back. Has anybody heard from him lately?

Thanks,
-Alan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 10:27 PM

I just recieved an engine guard and windshield mount from him yesterday.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 04:46 PM

I hope he is still around - I just got around to installing the AlGard today. And after unwrapping everything - this guy is really thorough, everything was wrapped in plastic and he even included a bottle of loc-tite and a CD with installation pictures. This is a top notch product and I thoroughly endorse it. I'm very happy with the way it looks on my bike and the quality and workmanship is first rate.

The AlGard cleans up the bottom end of the bike giving it a a nice clean line. The whole installation took me about two hours. That included cleaning the lower plastic fairing bits and the bottom of the motor. The photos on the included CD really helped in getting this thing installed correctly. Attached are photos of the completed project.

Just a note, after orderinig my AlGard - it took about a month to get to my house but it's coming from Slovenia or something like that.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

It does look good & looks like it would protect enough for some light off roading. At least anything a V-strom would do...

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 06:05 PM

The AlGard is really sturdy and with the new brackets - the AlGard no longer mounts to the exhaust pipe. It may not be dirtbike worthy but it will withstand large rocks being thrown at it and probably some scrapes over even larger rocks. Yet, I dont' intend to test it out in those conditions. Mostly I do street riding but occasionally take it off road - like I did last summer in West Virginia. You just never know where your Versys is going to take you and it's best to be prepared.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 06:57 PM

Looks good! You don't happen to have any photos with the plastic side pieces off do you? I cuirious how the Algard looks with out them and what is left exposed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 07:06 PM

TAC650 it's quite hoary without the side pieces as this bike's frame came from the 650R and was intended to be fully faired. You just see brackets, hoses, wires and metal engine bits - it's not pretty. The side pieces along with the AlGard help tidy all of this up.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 12:09 AM

I was thinking about welding some side pieces to the Algard to trim it out. To me the three pieces really don't look any better. For the Versys I would rather have a single all plastic piece. Three pieces look to cobbled together, in other words it looks just like what it is. Of course a nice all aluminum piece would be perfect. I don't plan to do any rock climbing or log jumping just decent protection from small rocks and gravel. I guess Kawasaki's reason for doing two pieces was to make oil changes easier but 6 screws big deal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 07:44 AM

There is a belly pan I saw for sale - a forum member recently installed one and put pictures here online - sounds like something you would be interested.

The AlGard looks better than the pictures show. It's hard to describe how much more clean this looks and since I've been setting my V up as an adventure bike this fits in perfectly.

You could go completely naked and remove the side panels, the brackets that hold them on, and tidy up the wires for sensors somehow.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

I like my bottom naked...

I mean the bike, I like the bottom of the bike naked. Bob did his & put up pics. It looks great.

Bob's thread:

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ead.php?t=1552

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 12:02 PM

This is the guy that added the belly pan - I like this look, too.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ead.php?t=2534
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 12:07 PM

Looks like you have to take the whole thing off to do an oil change-is that the case?

Machog

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 12:27 PM

Yip - 4 bolts, very easy. Always a trade off for simplicity. I can't advertise this solution for every bike - but if this is the look you are going for and you like the functional aspect of the AlGard and don't mind removing four bolts for an oil change then this may be a farkle to consider.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
There is a belly pan I saw for sale - a forum member recently installed one and put pictures here online - sounds like something you would be interested.

The AlGard looks better than the pictures show. It's hard to describe how much more clean this looks and since I've been setting my V up as an adventure bike this fits in perfectly.

You could go completely naked and remove the side panels, the brackets that hold them on, and tidy up the wires for sensors somehow.
I'm doing mine also as an ADV bike, just added dirt bike pegs. (see below)
I like the Algard and will probably go that way I would have just perfered a one piece unit.

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Here's an update: Algard's still around. It looks like my email got stuck in a spam filter or something. When I recontacted him through a different address I got a prompt response and everything went through fine. So now I'm waiting for my engine guard to arrive!

-Alan
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 09:26 AM

Share the address that you used, so others can order it if they are interested.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
Share the address that you used, so others can order it if they are interested.
I just went to his website at http://www.versys.info/versys/ and followed the instructions.

My issue was that I never heard back because (I assume) my personal email didn't make it through his spam filter. When I used a different email account that I have, Algard's response was prompt.

-Alan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode