Twisted Throttle Slow Service - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Twisted Throttle Slow Service

I ordered a windscreen from Twisted Throttle yesterday, February 2nd, 2009. Today I got an email from them saying the expected shipping date is March 3rd, 2009. I'll never order anything from this company again. When I buy something I expect to get it in a reasonable amount of time. I don't think having to wait at least a month before it is even shipped is a reasonable amount of time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 09:57 AM

I have always had prompt service from twisted Throttle So perhaps the item you ordered is on back order from there supplier?
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 09:58 AM

I've always had good experience with Twisted Throttle. It's probably just backordered.

-Alan

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimstandinghorse View Post
I ordered a windscreen from Twisted Throttle yesterday, February 2nd, 2009. Today I got an email from them saying the expected shipping date is March 3rd, 2009. I'll never order anything from this company again. When I buy something I expect to get it in a reasonable amount of time. I don't think having to wait at least a month before it is even shipped is a reasonable amount of time.
I just ordered a set of heated grips from dual-star and they said something similar, but closer to two weeks. I won't hold it against them, since they've provided a high level of service in the past. It's not like I'm going riding anytime soon here in NE anyways.... I guess we all have to be patient......

Last edited by redline; 02-03-2009 at 10:03 AM.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimstandinghorse View Post
Just cancel your order, and find it somewhere else that has it in stock, or that can give you a better shipping time frame. Calling the company and ordering over the phone is probably the best way to do this.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordguy View Post
I've always had good experience with Twisted Throttle. It's probably just backordered.

-Alan
+2, I always hit them first. Most of the time everything is in stock. Keep in mind they sell a lot of stuff from Europe. Sometimes if its drop shipped it takes longer. Thatís just how it is.

ST1300, Versys, SV650S
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 12:27 PM

It might help if you let us know what specifically you ordered, and how much it was. Maybe we can help you find one in stock somewhere....or cheaper.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 12:54 PM

Look at http://www.ceebaileys.com/cycle/index.html for a windshield; they had them on sale a while ago when I ordered mine. Also, I have ordered nearly $2000 from TT and have been happy with the service; you must have caught them on an off day.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 01:18 PM

You can't expect somebody like Twisted Throttle to have everything in their catalog available for immediate shipment. If it's a part like a windshield that's specific to the Versys they may not carry it as an inventory item. The bike is still new and relatively uncommon. As more and more bikes are sold, and the demand for Versys specific parts increases, you can expect lead times to decrease.

In Canada, Givi lead times are atrocious. It took me 2 1/2 months to get my windshield. My tail rack will be at least three months. It depends on how quickly the national distributor can supply. Your one month wait doesn't seem too bad to me at all.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline View Post
I just ordered a set of heated grips from dual-star and they said something similar, but closer to two weeks. I won't hold it against them, since they've provided a high level of service in the past. It's not like I'm going riding anytime soon here in NE anyways.... I guess we all have to be patient......
I mentioned this to redline in person last weekend, but to share for this thread, I had a similar delay when I ordered from DualStar. The very helpful guy I spoke with explained that they manufacture the heated grip kits in batches, and when they sell out, they make more. I ordered just after Christmas and they were out, but they arrived within 3 weeks. Looks like they're out again. Looking out my window, it also looks like we're not going riding anytime soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2019 F750GS
2014 R1200RT
2008 Versys (SOLD 11/19)
2003 ST1300ABS (SOLD 5/15)
IBA 59868
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
I mentioned this to redline in person last weekend, but to share for this thread, I had a similar delay when I ordered from DualStar. The very helpful guy I spoke with explained that they manufacture the heated grip kits in batches, and when they sell out, they make more. I ordered just after Christmas and they were out, but they arrived within 3 weeks. Looks like they're out again. Looking out my window, it also looks like we're not going riding anytime soon.

Hey Bones! You're right, I forgot to mention the Manufacturing process. They are good people to deal with.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charly View Post
You can't expect somebody like Twisted Throttle to have everything in their catalog available for immediate shipment. If it's a part like a windshield that's specific to the Versys they may not carry it as an inventory item. The bike is still new and relatively uncommon. As more and more bikes are sold, and the demand for Versys specific parts increases, you can expect lead times to decrease.

In Canada, Givi lead times are atrocious. It took me 2 1/2 months to get my windshield. My tail rack will be at least three months. It depends on how quickly the national distributor can supply. Your one month wait doesn't seem too bad to me at all.
I agree that they can't have everything in stock, but they can place something on the item's page showing it in stock, back ordered, or ships in 2-6 weeks, or whatever. That way customers can make an informed decision on whether or not to order from a certain company, or to shop around a little.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 07:08 PM

All of my dealings with Twisted Throttle have been great. When I ordered my Givi screen from them they sent me an email stating it would ship in several weeks. A few days later I got another email with a revised delivery date that was sooner and I received it even before that. I am sure if you call them they can either give you a refund or give you an update on the delivery date.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 11:05 AM

I waited 8 weeks for my tires. I waited 6 weeks for my GIVI screen, 7 for my bags. It's all part of the game. You can look around for someone who might have what you are looking for in stock, but sometimes there is no stock anywhere. I have always had good service from TT, and I have bought lots of stuff from them over the years.

When I'm ordering, I'll usually write in advance, and ask if stuff is in stock.

2007 Versys Black, V35 Bags, H&B Bars, Skidmarx Hugger.Fender Ex., Avon Distanzia, Braided Lines, Hella 65W bulbs Arrow Can, DNA Air filter, GIVI tall screen (for winter), PCIII, Baldwin Saddle. **SOLD**

2011 KTM SM-T. Crash bars, E55 Top Box, Fender extender front and rear.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 02:20 PM

I have had good luck with Twisted throttle ,right now everything from every where I am ordering seems slow,maybe because of the down turn companies are stocking fewer items to preserve cash and relying on drop shipments from the supplier to cover orders.its not all that unusual in a downturn or recession

AMA EAA STN
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 02:25 PM

I agree, things do seem to be taking longer, but I have found that shopping around I can find most things in stock somewhere. Might not get as good a price, so it just depends on how bad I need something (usually want, not need).

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

I bought the MRA Touring Windscreen for $105.00 plus shipping. This isn't the first thing I've ever bought off the internet. Most websites will tell you if the item you want to buy is unavailable. It's just not a good business practice to advertise something, want to be paid right away, and they say you might be able to ship it in a month. In hard times like they are now, they are lucky I even spent $105.00 on a windscreen. It's not like I couldn't do without it. I also telephoned the place before I ordered the windscreen and nobody picked up the telephone to answer it. I work for a company that sells merchandise to the public and they kiss the customers ass. I bought tires from Moto X Outlet last year and they had them on my doorstep in 2 days.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 10:38 AM

Well if your really that unhappy with your service from TT ask for a refund and shop elsewhere.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 01:54 PM

Cancell the order and buy one from mike on here that sells windscreens

AMA EAA STN
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

I got an email from Twisted Throttle today and they said that the windscreen I ordered comes from Germany. Out of all the windscreens that I've seen I like the one that I ordered the best. So, I guess I'll just chill out and wait for it to come in. I have my bike inside cleaning it all up anyway. Maybe by the time March rolls around I'll get to take it for a ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode