I think Im going to get the V. There is a green one at my local dealer.
This will be me first street bike. What are your recommendations on:
2. Gap Insurance?
3. Type of insurance to get?
4. Is it better to get luggage as part of the purchase or go aftermarket?
5. What other stuff should I be looking to get them to "throw in?" What should I try for?
Thanks for any input guys
Since you asked...
1. Lojack? Depends on the cost. Keep in mind the value of the bike, along with your need and ability to replace it Just find out what bikes are most frequently stolen, and then park next to one of those.
2. Gap coverage? NO!!!!!!! Having said that, gap insurance may be a good idea if for someone who is financing NECESSARY transportation and has no choice other than paying nothing or little down. For most of us, motorcycles aren't necessary transportation, even if we use them for commuting. Bottom line is to pay cash
for toys, or go without until you can pay cash. Pardon the preaching, but you did ask.
3. Type of insurance? Not sure what you mean. Notwithstanding the points I made in Item 2, you'll have to carry full coverage (comp/collision/liability) if you finance. If you pay cash, then decide how much you're willing to pay out of pocket in the event of damage and then decide whether or not to carry comp and/or collision and at what deductibles. FWIW, I carry full coverage with a $1000 deductible, but I'll probably go to liability only within the year.
4. I'm with the crowd on accessories. Ride the bike a bit first, and then zero in on what you want or need to do with it. There are lots of luggage options, and you can always go back to Kawi if you want their stuff.
5. Good question. I'm not great at vehicle negotiation, but if you wait until the deal is basically done, you will then be in a great position to "cram down" some item that you "assume should be part of any decent deal." Maybe a sizable discount on gear or part for "x" period of time, free first service, tall windscreen, etc.
Good luck, and enjoy the scooter.