planning a trip to savannah and charleston - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

planning a trip to savannah and charleston

can't wait for this cold weather to end..been planning a trip for this spring, was thinking of taking the BRP to cherokee and gatlinburg...then make my way to savannah georgia, then to charleston south carolina..was looking for any recommendations as to routes and places to see.....wanted to go before the weather gets too warm...any help is appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 02:53 PM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to DieMonkeys
Charleston:
Bessinger's Barbecue, on highway 17.
Downtown Charleston, King Street, The Battery, East Bay Street.

Heck, when are you going? I need to go visit my mother and we could ride down together and I can atleast show you around Charleston. I'm in Newport News, VA so you'd have to head about 4 hours east to meet up.

--
Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.
-- T.H. Huxley
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 08:40 PM

If you like aviation history, the 8th Army Airforce has a great museum in Savannah near I-95.....also give me a shout when your are in the area and perhaps we can meet for lunch. I live about 50 miles west of Savannah in Statesboro.

Last edited by Bobber; 02-10-2009 at 09:49 PM.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

thinking about heading that way in may.i'll keep you posted as the time gets closer
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobber View Post
If you like aviation history, the 8th Army Airforce has a great museum in Savannah near I-95.....also give me a shout when your are in the area and perhaps we can meet for lunch. I live about 50 miles west of Savannah in Statesboro.
So does that mean there is a Versys in the Savannah area? I have yet to see one on the road. I was purchasing one last spring, but decided to wait on seeing the green. Still waiting for that call from Statesboro Kawasaki.

As far as good roads around here........straight and flat. But there is usually a pretty large bike gathering in downtown Savannah at City Market on the weekends.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 10:51 AM

I live in charelston, if yall are gona head down this way let me know when i would like other V's
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starluckrc View Post
So does that mean there is a Versys in the Savannah area? I have yet to see one on the road. I was purchasing one last spring, but decided to wait on seeing the green. Still waiting for that call from Statesboro Kawasaki.

As far as good roads around here........straight and flat. But there is usually a pretty large bike gathering in downtown Savannah at City Market on the weekends.
Yes, I have a 2008 Versys that I purchased August of 2007. Have you talked to Mark Lee (owner) of Statesboro Kawasaki? I believe he has a green one on the floor. He is willing to deal, but you will probably have to come in and see him personally.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 05:28 PM

I have talked to and went by to Mark a few times. He had my name on the board for when a green one came it, but I picked up a gently used red one a couple of weeks ago. Maybe that was you I saw on Highway 80 near Blitchton about a month ago? I think that was a V and the only one I've seen on the road.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starluckrc View Post
I have talked to and went by to Mark a few times. He had my name on the board for when a green one came it, but I picked up a gently used red one a couple of weeks ago. Maybe that was you I saw on Highway 80 near Blitchton about a month ago? I think that was a V and the only one I've seen on the road.
More than likely, haven't seen any others around here. I teach a Basic Rider Course in Savannah on various weekends and sometimes go down 80 for variety.
I had a Concours for 10 years prior to this bike and am active in the Concours Owners Group.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 07:30 PM

Cool....doesn't seem to be an advanced course scheduled anywhere around this year. I'll be the other red V on 80. Hope to see you around!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 06:56 PM

I live in Charleston as well - actually sullivans island which is a few miles over the big bridge.

I would definitely ride over to sullivans island, maybe get a burger at Poe's or a draft at Dunleavys.

I would also ride over to Isle of Palms and check out the windjammer on the beach.

Lots to do and see downtown charleston as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode