What a battle that was! I haven't uttered so many four letter words in awhile. I looked for some smaller 10mm 1.25 nuts so I could get a wrench around it and I'll tell you what, that size is popular because I went to 3 stores and they were all out of 10mm 1.25 nuts. I ended up using some steel strapping to feed in under the nut to jam it until it stopped. The right side was easier because while tightening the nut rotated toward the ground making the feed easier.
On the left side I ended up mangling the nut and not being able to find a 10mm 1.25 nut I went to a 10mm 1.50 bolt and nut, I got a nyloc nut and still had to use the steel shims to get it to take, feeding them in on top because of the rotation. That was a not easy. Thought I was going to have to take the headers off for awhile.
Now I am second geussing the wisdom of the nyloc nut wondering if the darn nylon will melt being that close to the engine? Might have to change that out.
I'm still thinking I'll get the smaller diameter nuts so I can get a wrench around them. The next time I have to take the engine mount bolts out it'll be another war.
I agree heehaw, poor design. Note to Kawi: Re-design the front engine mounts, remove the nut lockwall from the casting and leave it open for a wrench!
Other than that the HB bars look great and I'm glad to have them on my V. Paid $187.00 and they were here in 3 days with all hardware. No problems there. The install would be easy if the nuts had held in the engine block as designed. Sounds like not to many people have had this problem, or I just whine more than the next.
Thanks again for the help. pmac