mirror extenders - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
mirror extenders

Im sorry if this has been discussed before I have had a look but cant find anything

Has anyone tried these mirror extenders, Im a pretty wide chap and
struggle to see anything except my shoulders in the mirrors

http://motowerk.com/MirrorExtenders.aspx

Do the add to vibration or fix the standard vibration????

Regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 07:00 PM

http://shop.ebay.ca/?_from=R40&_trks...All-Categories I got mine off ebay for some $20. They will still vibrate. Arrow header took care of the vibes for me.

2007 Versys Black, V35 Bags, H&B Bars, Skidmarx Hugger.Fender Ex., Avon Distanzia, Braided Lines, Hella 65W bulbs Arrow Can, DNA Air filter, GIVI tall screen (for winter), PCIII, Baldwin Saddle. **SOLD**

2011 KTM SM-T. Crash bars, E55 Top Box, Fender extender front and rear.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 07:00 PM

I have the same question- do they help with vibration?

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 08:49 PM

I've had Speedy's mirror extenders for about 6 months, wouldn't be without them. They work as advertised, you can see much more behind you, specially on the right side, where I could only see my shoulder.

There is some vibration, but if its better its difficult to say, I think it probably is, but can't think back to how it was before.

Machog
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 11:45 PM

I kinda like the ebay ones over speedys as they raise the mirrors up and out, and the hex bolt is recessed. Looks very clean.

Like I said above, your mirrors will still vibrate. Extenders don't isolate the vibrations at all.

2007 Versys Black, V35 Bags, H&B Bars, Skidmarx Hugger.Fender Ex., Avon Distanzia, Braided Lines, Hella 65W bulbs Arrow Can, DNA Air filter, GIVI tall screen (for winter), PCIII, Baldwin Saddle. **SOLD**

2011 KTM SM-T. Crash bars, E55 Top Box, Fender extender front and rear.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 06:12 AM

Send a message via MSN to joshmedley
I bought the set from twisted throttle. that also give a slight rise, before speedy did his. they look a little better, but sure they are not the same quality as his. I added rubber washers every place i could when installing...and the vibration was temendously better.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 06:13 AM

Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by klrrdr View Post
I put mirrors on from an 03 Suzuki SV650 naked. The stems are longer and the glass is wider. Now I can see my wife behind me no matter which edge of the lane she rides. Little to no vibration. These are the rectangle style not the round ones. I also bought 2 inch extenders thet screw into the stems (they are three pc mirrors) but found I did not need them on the V like I did on the SV
This thread without pictures is worthless...
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 07:00 AM

I have the ebay pair. They do work well
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 09:19 AM

SVnet,
You kinda did throw the first punch. So perhaps owning the bike would be a good place to start over for you. Give it some thought. You may actually like the bike. But hey, can't we all just get along ?KLRRDR....point taken.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

How is asking for pictures in any way insulting & deserving a tongue lashing like that?? Come on fellas, asking for pictures of mods is common place & a forum tradition. I like seeing what you guys do to your bikes that make them unique. Its a form of sharing without getting too close.

I think an apology is due...

Last edited by Bear on a bicycle; 01-25-2009 at 10:54 AM.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 11:00 AM

SVNET ...I'm sorry. I will mind my own business next time.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

I wasn't aiming for you, Josh...

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 12:59 PM

Yah.....I know , but I'm known for taking the high road. SVNET has great interest in the bike and thoughtful questions. There was no need to comment or pile on. So the appology was needed from me.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 04:25 PM

Sorry Bear but I must pull back my appology. Mr SVNET went on a tear in a conversation concerning "true naked bikes" and went on about the Gladius...... blah blah blah. He's a Moron. I'm done with the guy.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 07:05 PM

Send a message via MSN to joshmedley
You guys are great...i enjoy your pictures...your thoughts and expertise, without pictures. New Guy, I've read some of your posts...and frankly, YOU SUCK! Who needs pictures anyhow...the detail some of these gents go into is tremendous. Sorry, that you don't have the coin to have the bike in front of you but geez.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 08:49 AM

Easy everybody. I think there was a misunderstanding from the beginning. I've always heard "this thread is worthless without pics" as a humorous internet forum wisecrack. It's almost a cliche, like "LOL", "YMMV". I don't claim to know Svnet's intent but I read it as lighthearted request for pictures, not anything mean-spirited.

I've even seen TTIWWP as a smilie on other forums. Here's an example:

Let's go back to talking about the Versys, and other safe subjects like oil or religion.

-Alan
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 09:06 AM

My appologies....

Quote:
Originally Posted by klrrdr View Post
Asking for pictures goes something like this. "Hey do you have any pics of this set up?" Not "this thread is worthless without pictures". I stand by my original post. If Mr wanna be does not like being piled on and brought out for what he is, maybe he should learn some manners. Other wise he should post on I'd like to be a biker someday.com
Well, I think we all need to just come down here, I meant no harm by my coment of " this thread is worthless without pictures ".

Let me give you a little history here....

If you frequent other forums, that is a very friendly and common way to ask for pictures, to me it is actually like standard forum universal language, in other forums you don't even have to type it, there is already an image devoted just for that expression.

For some reason that image is not part of the happy face collection in this forum so I decided to type the actual text, but I did not mean to insult anybody or trying to being rude...

I have attached a copy of the actual universal animated picture for such a common expression to proof my point.

Detail descriptions are great, but pictures are always better.

I must confesed that I find joy in looking at the pictures of modifications, nothing wrong with that.

Now, with regard my point of views on other threads, if expressing my point of view is such a harm to some of you, then my appologies for that too. I never meant to upset anybody here and if I am a moron for expressing my opinions then I must find my place some where else...

Again my appologies for any inconviniences caused to any of you.

See you later everybody, ride safe, best of luck.
Attached Images
File Type: gif useless.gif (9.2 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by SVNET; 01-26-2009 at 03:53 PM.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 10:25 PM

josh i hate to get in the middle of this one but...

SVNET has a point on this one. i have seen that statement on every forum i have been on (over 15 now) and its pretty much just the way to ask for pics of the project/mod/more info on a subject.

i have not read the other thread commented on and am not commenting on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode