Heck with it!! Ride and gear report - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Heck with it!! Ride and gear report

Well after 3 days below 0- It broke freezing, So I said heck with and went for a ride. I gotta say that a long underwear shirt, a long sleeve T and some fleece lined jeans(you gotta get some of these!) was all i needed under my Joe Rocket Ballistic gear. Ive got the 4.0 pants and Jacket and the do great at 33 deg!! I was comfortable till my fingers got a little cold after about 25 miles. I have rode this gear in 80-90 deg weather as well and unzipping liners and opeing vents keeps it bearable most of the time! As you can imagine tho- no vents were open today. I think if I would have had some handguards my fingers would have been fine too. Still trying to make that decision on which ones. And let me point out one important fact about me-I hate the cold!! I have to keep my house set at 72 deg to be semi comfortable in the winter, I usually have 1-2 more layers on than the average person around hear- so this should be pretty good gear for more temperate people!!

2008 Versys
Muzzy Exhaust-race core!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Upgraded Kawi Windshield
Madstadd Bracket
Fiamm 132 db low note horn
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Osram Hyper 65 h7 lights

Kawi/Givi V35 Bags
Shad SH-29 Top Case
SW-Motech Quick release Brackets
Sw-Motech Alu-Rack
Garmin GPSMap 60csx

Joe Rocket Manta Tankbag-Red
Kawi Tank Protector
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

Way to go, man! Its supposed to be 70 degrees here tomorrow. I think I'll go for a ride. There was a threat of rain today, or I would've hit it hard. It's currently 66.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 04:47 PM

For someone that hates the cold, you live in a hell of a place.

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasdon View Post
For someone that hates the cold, you live in a hell of a place.
Tell me about it!! friggen midwest winters!! I it never got below 70-I would be ecstatic!! But its home here so what do you do?!

2008 Versys

Upgraded Kawi Windshield
Madstadd Bracket

Osram Hyper 65 h7 lights

Kawi/Givi V35 Bags
Shad SH-29 Top Case
Sw-Motech Alu-Rack
Garmin GPSMap 60csx

Kawi Tank Protector
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 08:00 PM

It was 38 here north of Atlanta so I got out and rode for a couple of hours. I did need my heated gloves but that did the trick.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 05:53 PM

Hit 38F here today, decent ride just a little cool after 20 miles. I have tourmaster Intake2 Jacket, had all 3 pieces together. The jacket was about right. I have the venture air pant, I just put in the wind/rain liner. I could have used a pair of light weight long johns. I have acerbis flag handguards and Thor All weather off road gloves, my hands were fine. A neck gator would probably help alot too.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

powermadd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVcaster View Post
Hit 38F here today, decent ride just a little cool after 20 miles. I have tourmaster Intake2 Jacket, had all 3 pieces together. The jacket was about right. I have the venture air pant, I just put in the wind/rain liner. I could have used a pair of light weight long johns. I have acerbis flag handguards and Thor All weather off road gloves, my hands were fine. A neck gator would probably help alot too.

I think a set of powermadds w/the extensions are in my future!! Just got to decide to pull the trigger. Not sure if I want the black/black, black clear, or red/black set. Opinions? I think im leaning towards black/black for now.

2008 Versys

Upgraded Kawi Windshield
Madstadd Bracket

Osram Hyper 65 h7 lights

Kawi/Givi V35 Bags
Shad SH-29 Top Case
Sw-Motech Alu-Rack
Garmin GPSMap 60csx

Kawi Tank Protector
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode