the Washington D.C. show - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

the Washington D.C. show

just got back from it about and hour ago and i have to say i was nice being able to go booth to booth looking at bike and not driving all over the place trying to find a bike to sit on. well anyway i have been looking at the versys and other motorcycles for about 6 months now and Im about to buy. at the show it was a toss up in between kawasaki and ducati for the nicest booths. the only let down with the show was the absents of both BMW and aprilia as they both make bike that i'm interested in.

i went not because i own a motorcycle but because i will in the near future. i'm betting the i will end up on a versys. i was about to eliminate both the KTM Duke and the DRZ400sm. while this is a disapppointment it also helps make my decision easier. basically i didn't fit on them because i'm pretty tall.

also i didn't see it on one of the 08 versys's but the 09 have an adjustable reach clutch lever which i think is very nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like you've been doing your research. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Versys if you decide to go that way. I'm sure you've read on this forum & probably a couple of others, how most of us Versys owners feel about our bikes.

Yep, the '08's have the adjustable levers as well.

Oh, & welcome aboard!

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

yep your right i have been lurking on here for a while.

also for anyone else thinking about the green but have not seen it in person. it is awesome looking. the candy effect is great and does not have the milky look that the regular kawasaki green has as all.

thanks for the welcome. you a cyclist as well. i'm a big time mountain biker.

Dan

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

No, don't ride a bicycle. I'm just a big guy that used to ride a smaller motorcycle. The guys at work were poking fun & said I looked like a bear on a bicycle. The name stuck...

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 07:05 PM

Sir Crackien, I'm in the DC area and just bought a green Versys. Where are you located? And you are right, the Green really does look good and it performs even better.

09' Green
06' CR 250
08' CRF 230L
95' VFR 750 <-4 sale
88' Hawk GT
03' CRF 230f
05' TTR 50...
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 05:14 AM

Yes, Kawasaki did have a nice booth. I sat on a ER6 for the first time.. I felt like I would go over the handlebars. The Suzuki Gladius was there, looks very similar, and had a nicer riding position.

I was there to look at the Concours 14. Beautiful bike, comfortable, I just can't pull the trigger. It feels like a money pit. High cost, lower gas mileage, tasks premium gas, and probably higher maintenance costs. I just can't do it with a Versys already in the garage. I think I'll spend the money on a GPS this year.

The green is real nice. But I wouldn't trade my last year of riding for it. I'm glad I got a red one when I did.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCVersys.JPG (80.4 KB, 61 views)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

i'm right between alexandria and springfield. see your right out past manassas. i'm pretty much set to buy a versys unless i find something else that is just a great deal. the likely hood of that happening though at this point is about zero. i will probably pick mine up at hte end of February or the beginning of March.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greidel View Post
Yes, Kawasaki did have a nice booth. I sat on a ER6 for the first time.. I felt like I would go over the handlebars. The Suzuki Gladius was there, looks very similar, and had a nicer riding position.

I was there to look at the Concours 14. Beautiful bike, comfortable, I just can't pull the trigger. It feels like a money pit. High cost, lower gas mileage, tasks premium gas, and probably higher maintenance costs. I just can't do it with a Versys already in the garage. I think I'll spend the money on a GPS this year.

The green is real nice. But I wouldn't trade my last year of riding for it. I'm glad I got a red one when I did.
Can you post more pictures from the show ?

So how did you compared the ER-N6 to the Gladious ? Any further coments ?

Man, I don't understand it, a bike show on a state that is full of snow and cold weather at this point.

No bike show here on FL, a state where people are riding everyday...

Do you know of any bike show in Florida at this time ?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 03:10 PM

Howdy Folks,

New user here. I also live in the DC area and went to the show. Got some pics if'n yur interested! I even got some of the Versys too...

Mostly the blue bike though. Got to be honest, the green didn't really float mah boat.

-----------
Some other non-Versys photos...

For more, visit:
http://imageevent.com/comradecarl/moto/09dcexpo

Ride Safe Ya'll,
CrazyCarl

---------------------------------------------------
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 08:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to versysred Send a message via Yahoo to versysred
I was there with my dad and it was great the only thing that we were a little disappointed in that the versys neither one had the side bags on so we could see them on and all. Almost all the other companies were showing the bags on one bike and than had another without them. Also BMW should of been there and aprilla should of had more than just 2 scooters but oh well they missed out. But it was great was able to spend some time with my dad and we were at the hotel not even a block from the show. I got some winter gloves and a pair of custom molded ear plugs from ears inc. I have to say they were well worth it very nice but I should of got the ones with headphones built in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode