Best time to buy new tires? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Best time to buy new tires?

Well winter in washington is nearing an end. Time to hang up the ski patrol jacket in a month and get out the bike. I have an 09 V and am going to purchase new tires for the first time. Was looking at the Michelin Pilot Road 3 tires as many people have suggested them in this forum. I found a price for around 310.00 a pair. Was wondering is there a good time of year to buy tires or does it really matter any more? Just curious...

Thanks all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Seems like this winter i was getting e-mail with tire specials from all the vendors i've done business with. When i got my PR 3's . (They have 2 types of PR 3's i went with the radial tire.)July 2011 they cost me $301.00 with free shipping from www.jakewilson.com

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 03-05-2013 at 11:52 AM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Less than $300.00 now

http://www.jakewilson.com/p/53/-/344...otorcycle-Tire

http://www.jakewilson.com/p/52/-/343...otorcycle-Tire

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
I just keep an eye on prices, then order a set (BEFORE I need them...) to have on hand for the day I DO need them.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Re: Best time to buy new tires?

Thanks all!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 01:33 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to rponiarski
I buy them when I need to. Have Pilot Road 2's and am really happy with them. Good wear, ride very well and corner smoothly. Highly recommended!

Richard M. Poniarski
'09 Kawasaki Versys
AMA#: 674623
ROK #: 100024905
Everybody is entitled to the reality of their own choosing...

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

I was looking at road 2's and thought the 3 was better for wet roads? This is what I gathered from reading past posts in here. Washington sometimes has little more rain in the summer all though I live on the eastern side of the state seperqated by the cascades so our weather can be allot different.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 02:14 PM

When the roads are dry so you can scub them in. Be sure the mold release is off before u get to crazy. pmac
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyt37 View Post
I was looking at road 2's and thought the 3 was better for wet roads? This is what I gathered from reading past posts in here. Washington sometimes has little more rain in the summer all though I live on the eastern side of the state seperqated by the cascades so our weather can be allot different.
I bought the Road 2s as they were cheaper but still a great tire in the wet, the Road 3s are a "little" better in the wet. Don't think you would notice much of a difference. I have them here is Vancouver BC and we get more rain than eastern WA. Save some $ and still get a fantastic tire with the Road 2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode