Moto Werks Lowering Kit - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Moto Werks Lowering Kit

Bought speedys lowering kit for my versys. With the football injuries,30 years of martial arts along with getting hit by a car. I'ts kinda of a pain getting the old leg over the bike. So figuired i'd give the kit a try. So glad i did so much easier getting the leg over and the bike seemed to go through the corners even better.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 03-06-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe one day I will catch you guys up.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 05:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for posting! What a nice guy to offer the install for ya!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 07:42 AM

Is that you or Speedy? lol

May the road always curve in front of you.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 10:46 AM

Does anyone have before and after photos of the lowering kits? I'm keen to get some, but would really like to see the difference first.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Darkness View Post
Does anyone have before and after photos of the lowering kits? I'm keen to get some, but would really like to see the difference first.
This link has photos of before and after the lowering kit install.Also side by side comparison of bikes with and without the kit. https://www.motowerk.com/Photo_Gallery.php I think the Versys looks better lowered.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 03-06-2013 at 01:17 PM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
This link has photos of before and after the lowering kit install.Also side by side comparison of bikes with and without the kit. https://www.motowerk.com/Photo_Gallery.php I think the Versys looks better lowered.
How I missed that web page is amazing. Thanks
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Another issue that lowering the bike took care of was my bike leaned way over when on the kickstand. At home i kept it parked with a 2" block under the kickstand. Now since lowering the bike it leans like it should. Didn't have to mess with cutting the kickstand down.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 02:24 PM

This is a mod that I am seriously considering.

Did you have to lower the forks?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 02:49 PM

Yep. Very clear instructions on Speedy's site.
Plan to cut the kick-stand down, not sure why Weljo didn't have to. The Flatfoot is a great mod in itself, parking securely on soft surfaces is awesome!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron650 View Post
Yep. Very clear instructions on Speedy's site.
Plan to cut the kick-stand down, not sure why Weljo didn't have to. The Flatfoot is a great mod in itself, parking securely on soft surfaces is awesome!

When i first got the bike Jan,2010 I was recovering from a hip injury. So i had to stand on the footpeg to swing my leg over the bike at the time i was about 270lbs after time it started to lean took it to the shop and the place where the kickstands hooks up had bent outward. Had it moved back into normal position but after time it went back out. Heres a photo before the kit install with it on the block..Another i just took after the kit install without the block..

IMG_1169 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_2351 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Just got in from a 300 mile ride lots of twisties. The bike really handled better with the lowering kit. Was suprised how much better it was through the turns. Just hug the tank with your knees and give it the gas.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode