first time road trip - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
first time road trip

new to v world ive had mine 2 month now and loving every minute of it i am planing a trip early this summer vancouver, grand forks,radium,jasper,100 mile,back to van via whistler can anyone tell me about the ride from jasper to 100 mile thats the only area im not familar with and if there are any other coments or does and donts please let me know as i said its my first road trip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 02:03 PM

I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Canada View Post
new to v world ive had mine 2 month now and loving every minute of it i am planing a trip early this summer vancouver, grand forks,radium,jasper,100 mile,back to van via whistler can anyone tell me about the ride from jasper to 100 mile thats the only area im not familar with and if there are any other coments or does and donts please let me know as i said its my first road trip
You may check with your local AAA or other local riders. I think you are asking a lot of this forum for that.

Cheers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

not really the answer i was looking for but thanks more like feed back from members that DO have knowledge of that streach of highway and or the trip and as far as the form goes from what ive seen there is a wealth of knowledge and a ton of experience with in that is generously shared though out and i thank them for that

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Do not know the roads living a small distance away but sounds like a great trip and excuse to take plenty of photo's.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 06:45 PM

Good luck on your trip! I recently planned a short weekend trip up to the Apostle Islands in Wisconsin- my first adventure. I live in Minneapolis and just got my 2011 Versys last year.

I went to www.motorcycleroads.us and with my tentative route on Google Maps set up, I just manually clicked and dragged my routing to hit the stretches of road that were recommended on the website. Not sure if that is necessarily the best way, but seems to work for my short camping trip. I won't be going until May/June, so I can't validate any of the routes. At least it will give you somewhat of an idea. Motorcycleroads.com is another site which looks similar and has pre-planned routes from members.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
I've ridden it all, several times. Good, and GREAT, roads! Stop to look at Mt Robson off Hwy 16 east of Tete Jaune Cache. Hwy 5 south from there is good, but HWY 24 going west to Hwy 97 (Cariboo Hwy) is FRIGGIN' AWESOME! Passed several sportbikes on it last time I rode it (...on a KLR!!!). You'll LOVE it even more on your V!

When you ride the Icefields Parkway to Jasper, be sure to go back a few times over that DELICIOUS, banked, 270 degree circle at the bottom of the hill, Sunwapta Pass, maybe 10 to 15 miles south of the Icefields.

Have FUN!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

...and IF you're tenting (is there any OTHER way to do this?) try Whistlers Campground just south of Jasper on the Parkway.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

thanks fasteddie great feedback i thought i might hear from you on this post and i have know dought that you have ridden it all i will be in the okanagan(just south of vernon)in august it would be great if we could get together for a ride or two you can show off your home turf
thanks again
CC
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
thanks fasteddie great feedback i thought i might hear from you on this post and i have know dought that you have ridden it all i will be in the okanagan(just south of vernon)in august it would be great if we could get together for a ride or two you can show off your home turf
thanks again
CC
Stay in touch, and I'm sure we can do it! Check "MEMBER'S RIDES" for Whitey Jr's 2012 ride (Big Trip 2012 - How not to drink alone on a solo bike trip ), and then watch for some of my area on Day 3....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
thanks again
CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Stay in touch, and I'm sure we can do it! Check "MEMBER'S RIDES" for Whitey Jr's 2012 ride (Big Trip 2012 - How not to drink alone on a solo bike trip ), and then watch for some of my area on Day 3....
Now that you have got your guide have a safe trip/ride and enjoy the time.

post pictures of your trip.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode