I rode today!!! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I rode today!!!

Ok, it might not be a big deal to some of you, but those of us in the northern climate know how I feel.

Last time I was on the bike was around Thanksgiving, but today the sun cleared and dried the snow off the roads (most of the main highway anyway) so I dropped the battery back in and went for a little spin.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHH, yes! I was still cool out but it felt good.

Sorry, I just had to share that, tried telling my wife but she just didn't understand.

Mitch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 10:01 PM

Garage
Cool. Hope I'm not too many days behind you, but it's snowing right now...

Always trust your cape.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 10:15 PM

Me too.......up here in Eastern Canada it warmed up to a few degrees above freezing, lol!!!
It was a short ride, but it felt damn good to get the battery back into her and start 'er up

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 10:38 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
for more sunny days.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 11:42 PM

Good for You, me too. Rode inner city to lunch and home, actually it was nice, just paranoid I would hit a slick spot.

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 01:13 AM
MTS

Well done!! I will follow your lead if possible!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 01:22 AM

Oh I know what you mean I use to live In Portland Oregon rain everyday It seemed like,I am very lucky living In Phoenix,AZ now ride almost everyday It really feels weird cuz I spent 40 years In the NW.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Parked my bike up two winters ago but never again or i may get PMS or parked motorbike syndrome

Last edited by kiwi 41; 02-27-2013 at 05:22 AM.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 01:41 PM

I rode mine in tight circles in our shop last week. Does that count? LOL
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 02:03 PM

Itís testimony to just how bad my cabin fever gets by the end of February that I just finished a 1,480-mile weekend trip, 90% of it on interstates. The kind of trip only February could push me to contemplate, even appreciate.

Full report here.

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 02:25 PM

I totally get it. The last month or so we have had the odd nice day and I couldn,t take it any more so I insured it a month earlier than I had planned.
I have got it 4 or 5 rides in the last few weeks and it was well worth it.
I will take even 1 ride a week for now...

2013 Versys1000
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 02:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by motociclista View Post

Itís testimony to just how bad my cabin fever gets by the end of February that I just finished a 1,480-mile weekend trip, 90% of it on interstates. The kind of trip only February could push me to contemplate, even appreciate.

Full report here.

Ah man you went to one of my favorite areas in the states. Clicked onto the dinner link and saw the fried green tomatoes. Really miss the food from that region. Everything seems to taste better fried. Fried Cabbage,Fried Squash,etc,etc......and then the Boiled Peanuts in the summer.......

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
.and then the Boiled Peanuts in the summer.......
Dude.. that's just nasty. Never understood their appeal.

May the road always curve in front of you.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 02:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatx View Post
Dude.. that's just nasty. Never understood their appeal.

Eighter you've never tried them or someone used the wrong peanuts. Had some in florida that were awful. Yankees that didn't know what they were doing using the wrong peanuts.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 05:13 PM

Last time my wife and I drove to FL we stopped at a roadside stand to try some boiled peanuts. We got a bag, I tossed them out the window a mile down the road. The only reason I didn't toss them sooner was I didn't want to upset the vendor, he was a little scary.
We stopped at this guys stand, which was a shanty shack with a couple of walls and a fire and kettle in the middle of it. You had to be there but when we stopped, my wifes conversation with the peanut man went something like this.
wife: Are those boiled peanuts? (pointing at a plastic ziplock bag hanging on the wall).
peanut guy: Nope, ya caint hang bulled peanuts, at's jist a pitchure.
wife: Hah?
guy: (in a loud and forceful voice) Ya caint hang bulled peanuts from a wall, thats jist stoopid, You fokes aint from around hair are ya?
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I'm glad t hear I'm not the only one getting to shake a little cabin fever. It will be a while yet before I do any serious riding though, still too great of a chance of ice on a lot of the roads.

That's ok though, a short ride is better than no ride, plus I got to try out my new N104. Now just to get all the other Christmas farkles (mostly gifts to myself) ready to go. AeroStich was closing out a bunch of their showroom stuff and I'm a sucker, haha. I shopped like a woman, didn't say how much I spent, just how much I saved. I still don't think the wife was impressed.

Mitch

Last edited by Slow-Steady; 02-27-2013 at 06:23 PM.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 08:09 PM

I did ride to the bank and back, 2 miles. 28 degrees, wind chill about 15. Not comfortable, but keeping the oil stirred.

My Album:
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow-Steady View Post
I'm glad t hear I'm not the only one getting to shake a little cabin fever. It will be a while yet before I do any serious riding though, still too great of a chance of ice on a lot of the roads.

That's ok though, a short ride is better than no ride, plus I got to try out my new N104. Now just to get all the other Christmas farkles (mostly gifts to myself) ready to go. AeroStich was closing out a bunch of their showroom stuff and I'm a sucker, haha. I shopped like a woman, didn't say how much I spent, just how much I saved. I still don't think the wife was impressed.

Mitch
Heyy...how do you like your N104?
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 10:06 AM

Garage
Tomorrow marks triple digits for Winter storage: Day 100. Snowing right now and the week long forecast is sub-zero every day...

Now suffering chronic PMS.

Always trust your cape.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOleChalupa View Post
Heyy...how do you like your N104?
So far so good, but I have all of about 15 minutes on the bike with it and no speeds over 35 mph.

It will probably be a couple more weeks before I really get to test it out. It is snowing again today.

It fits me well, which is a must.
It was sunny out so I did use the drop down sun shield, When I bought it I was worried about the overly large size of the nose cutout, but I didn't even notice it when riding. I really like this feature.
It fogged a little at 40 degrees out (and slow speeds) but I did not have the included pinlock installed. I opened the visor 1 notch and it cleared right up.
I can't comment about wind noise or stability yet.
I may add a little extra padding to the chin strap, the current padding seems a bit narrow and the edge of the buckle touches my neck. The quick buckle is nice though.

Hope that helps,

Mitch

Last edited by Slow-Steady; 02-28-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode