mk2 Versys. Have SWM side racks. Choosing top rack... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-24-2013, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
mk2 Versys. Have SWM side racks. Choosing top rack...

So I have SW Motech side racks on my 2011 Versys. I've finally decided to install a top rack.

I understand from this forum that the SW Motech rack will fit (despite the manufacturer saying it won't).

Will the KTMDuals rack fit?

How about the Givi?

I already have a Givi monokey top box so whatever I get must be compatible with that. And I think those are the top 3 choices.

I have a Givi adapter plate I had planned to bolt to the pillion seat but I finally decided the seat probably isn't stout enough to support a top case. I even bought an extra seat for the purpose. Which I guess I should sell. I could send it off to have a custom seat built. But the factory seat seems fine to me. Other than the pillion part which I only use for luggage anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-24-2013, 09:52 AM

I'm interested also, I have the quick-mount sideracks. FWIW, SW MoTech said my engine guards wouldn't fit on the California model (without "serious modification") but it more or less just bolted right on (just needed to use the bar to push canister out of the way slightly). So I believe SWM is overly cautious in their fitment recommendations.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 08:29 AM

The Adapter Plate from SWM lets your Givi box snap right in. If you have the plate you can bolt it to the ALU Rack. Might be the case the the KTMDuals rack as well. Mounting compatibility? Not sure.
The Givi would certainly work with the box, but as for playing nice with the SWM racks? The look of the Givi is a bit clunky IMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode