Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Enroute to Versys Heaven

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  twowheeladdict 
#1 · (Edited)
Got word from the adjuster today on the fate of my good o'l burned up Versys 650.

Total Loss was the final word, to which I was not surprised.

The process with Geico has been slow but the settlement was well worth the wait.

I bought the bike a couple of years ago for $4200. Plus I got 2 helmets, a jacket, and a paddock stand. I sold the helmets and jacket for around $200 making the total price for the bike right at $4000.

Added several upgrades for a total of around $1k and put 22k miles on it.

The adjuster told me I would receive...drum roll please... $6350. Wow I was expecting around $3500 minus the $1000 deductible.

Then to make the deal even sweeter he told me the deductible would be waved because it was a fire.

I have always said I would rather be lucky than good and I sure am in this case. Gotta say I will certainly be staying with Geico. Their premiums were considerable lower than the other companies and their payout is more than generous.

The premium on my V was $180 annual for full coverage. My recently acquired Aprilia Dorsodura is only $130 a year for the same coverage.

So my once really cool V-650 is on it's way to motorcycle heaven. Or most likely is about to become an organ doner.:surprise:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
When people would question my willingness to ride my bikes to supposedly high crime areas for work, I would always reply with "the insurance company will pay me more than I can sell it for." You have provided a concrete example.

Glad you got to ride and enjoy your Versys for a time and profited from the tragedy of losing it in the fire. I am amazed that the hooligan bike cost less to insure. ;)

#5 ·
Glad you got to ride and enjoy your Versys for a time and profited from the tragedy of losing it in the fire. I am amazed that the hooligan bike cost less to insure. ;)
I was very surprised when the lady gave me the quote.

Of course I kept my mouth shut about it being a high end Italian bike and having 100 more CC's.:wink2:

#7 ·
Every insurance company is different and every insured is different. Best to shop them all and go with the best one for the coverage you want. Geico and Progressive are double what I pay with Dairyland. Some people have good luck with State Farm or Allstate. There are just too many factors to use someone else's experience to determine your's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.