new seat and mods shakedown run. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Mark Arnold

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Today, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
new seat and mods shakedown run.

added a few toys and one good shakedown run over the last weekend, on my newish to me 16 650LT
installed a corbin seat, some dont care for them but they fit me well somehow.
snagged the go-cruise off my KLR and it works great on the versys, especially with the slightly thicker oxford heated sport grips.
then did 700 plus miles to my home and back.
seat is fine, tried using my sheepskin pad but it added a pressure point that made my damaged left leg fall asleep so thats out.
this was discovered within 100 miles on the out leg so i just unsnapped it whilst riding and stashed it in the tank bag till the next stop.
the little beast did fine, the 16/46 gearing allowing an 80mph cruise speed at 6000rpm.
altho with the puig touring screen and the side boxes and a givi top box the mileage was only 42mpg or so.
about what i get on any bike at 80ish
last full fuel session i pushed to 215 miles on the tank (with the you need gas bars flashing happily from 160 miles on) and needed 5.2 gallons to fill. no, the math doesnt work,
with the different gearing the odo reads low. im basing my numbers on the 6.25% gearing difference.
at any rate its a solid 200+ mile tank range which is good enough for me.
this would probably improve with the stock smaller windshield. and leaving the topcase at home. and maybe even not running 80 allday
At any rate it was perfectly comfortable even tho i had to drop the big puig shield all the way down in the rain to keep my faceshield blown clear.
top notch gear (roadcrafter and schuberth c3 pro) goes a LONG way to keeping me comfortable in poor conditions.
but not enough to give up the extra wind protection the big puig shield provides however.

the TKC 70 rear that was on it when i purchased it is flattening out in the middle. theyre good tires I had expected a bit better mileage tho.
roughly 4500 miles on them and theyre getting worn. might get another 2k out of them.maybe..
ill throw the slightly used stockers on there and make a decision on some long lasting touring tires.
i mount my own so its an hour or so of work to swap, not a thing.
ive got the stock tires that came off at 1000 miles still, the PO had them and hey free tires..

thats the entirety of the report, no drama just 700 miles of hammering down the highway.
Fastoman, 16VGTIDave and foxpro like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Today, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Thanks for sharing your Mod Shake Down ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode