• 3 Post By dadsafrantic
  • 1 Post By Fly-Sig
  • 1 Post By Fly-Sig
  • 4 Post By Nashcat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
New farkle added, Wife2.0

No picture yet of the farkle mounted to the bike, but she's a gem! The farkle was officially acquired last month.

She's adventurous and wants to learn to ride and go moto-camping. I'm thinking the Royal Enfield Himalayan may be the best all around option. The Suzuki TU250x might be a good choice for learning and just bopping around on. Anyhow, lots of opportunities now to go bike shopping!

We came back from our cruise honeymoon to panic and chaos over the virus. We've been in a sort of 3 home limbo, moving from our separate homes into a house on a mountain resort. Ski-in/ski-out, which is also hiking and mountain biking onto the mountain. A three minute walk to the small town main street. Because we've been moving, our disaster preps weren't up to my usual standards. I'm ready for loss of electricity, natural gas, water shut off, etc., but had gotten behind on my food storage. Usually I just stay well ahead by buying several weeks in advance, plus having plenty of canned stuff on hand.

Fortunately my toilet paper supply is good! Yesterday the grocery stores were nuts, just like what they're showing on the news. I hope you are all safe and healthy with plenty of supplies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Congrats on the new farkle, hope things stay shiny and new for a good long time.

This coronavirus thing is really something, isn't it? I'm thinking of supplementing my income by auctioning single rolls of toilet paper online.

Not that I need to right now. I started at a new company last month, delivering medical supplies to hospitals. I don't know where they're putting all the crap they're ordering, but they are ALL stocking up. I delivered 16 pallets of nitrile gloves to a dialysis center a couple of weeks ago. It's kinda nuts.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Degrees View Post
Congrats on the new farkle, hope things stay shiny and new for a good long time.

This coronavirus thing is really something, isn't it? I'm thinking of supplementing my income by auctioning single rolls of toilet paper online.

Not that I need to right now. I started at a new company last month, delivering medical supplies to hospitals. I don't know where they're putting all the crap they're ordering, but they are ALL stocking up. I delivered 16 pallets of nitrile gloves to a dialysis center a couple of weeks ago. It's kinda nuts.

Funny i just got an order from Sam's of 1600 nitrile gloves. My girl works in a nail salon and was getting low on gloves and Sam's had them on sale for $3.00 off 400 gloves so i order 4 units. When i first went to order they had large and medium but out of small which is what she uses. So i checked back a couple of days later and they received some small but were out of the other sizes. So placed my order about 30 minutes after i ordered they were completely out of gloves and have been all week.
52Degrees likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Congrats on the new Farkle... Does it come with a money back guarantee if it fails to perform like it did during the test ride......

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 01:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Congrats on the new Farkle... Does it come with a money back guarantee if it fails to perform like it did during the test ride......
onewizard and DavidH like this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 02:12 PM

Garage
Seriously...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293510946924

I can buy toilet paper from work and sell it on ebay.
Skypilot 69 likes this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Funny i just got an order from Sam's of 1600 nitrile gloves. My girl works in a nail salon and was getting low on gloves and Sam's had them on sale for $3.00 off 400 gloves so i order 4 units. When i first went to order they had large and medium but out of small which is what she uses. So i checked back a couple of days later and they received some small but were out of the other sizes. So placed my order about 30 minutes after i ordered they were completely out of gloves and have been all week.
When I was just in Harbor-Freight I saw a sign saying the limit for nitrile gloves was FOUR boxes. At that time I didn't understand, but NOW I do, Joe!
weljo2001 likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Actually it does! We made sure to get all the right legal documents in place. But this one is a keeper.
onewizard, weljo2001 and 52Degrees like this.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly-Sig View Post
Actually it does! We made sure to get all the right legal documents in place. But this one is a keeper.

Good Deal.....I was almost 40 before i found mine....
Fly-Sig likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-15-2020, 03:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Good Deal.....I was almost 40 before i found mine....
Me too, 40 was the prime age for wife2.0. That was 31 years ago this month.
Her comment was that I traded up to a better padded seat and better airbags.:surprise

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 03-15-2020 at 12:44 PM.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-15-2020, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
Me too, 40 was the prime age for wife2.0. That was 31 years ago this month.
Her comment was that I traded up to a better padded seat and better airbags.:surprise
I would have 'clicked' LIKE - but I couldn't see it!

That IS - until I posted this message....
52Degrees likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-15-2020, 06:43 PM

I've had my 2.0 Wife for almost 25 years now, and still enjoy the bigger airbags!!
onewizard likes this.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-16-2020, 09:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
good for you. many years of bliss to you. i just got rid of 1.0 and am not rushing back into the fire.
onewizard, quexpress and Craigar like this.

Dadsafrantic

2018 versys 650 lt
0 miles- 8/15/19

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsafrantic View Post
good for you. many years of bliss to you. i just got rid of 1.0 and am not rushing back into the fire.
I never thought I'd want to get hitched again. I'd even decided to stop dating. Single life is fine, but when the right one comes along it is an addition to an already good life.
onewizard likes this.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 08:18 PM

Congrats on the new accessory! I cant recommend the RE Himalayan as a 2up touring bike. They are completely gutless. In all honestly they are like riding a 1982 Honda XL250.

Adventure before dementia.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider_Dave View Post
Congrats on the new accessory! I cant recommend the RE Himalayan as a 2up touring bike. They are completely gutless. In all honestly they are like riding a 1982 Honda XL250.
I'm thinking of it as her ride, not 2 up.
onewizard likes this.

Last edited by Fly-Sig; 03-18-2020 at 12:04 PM.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 10:24 PM

Quote:
I'm thinking of it as her ride, not 2 up.
coming off anything else you will be disappointed mate.

Adventure before dementia.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Good for you on the 2.0 upgrade. I didn't acquire my 1.0 until I almost 35, so I had already had my share of fun and a lot of other peoples. However, when I was at that point all that was left were the bat-s..t crazy ones or the beauties who had so much baggage they needed a moving van.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 09:18 PM

Garage
Just make sure that you’ve uninstalled all versions of Wife 1.0, along with any remnants of GF 1.0, 2.0, or 3.0, along with any other upgrades or add-ons, such as One Nighter 1.0. Forgetting to delete the One Nighter from the system entirely, can cause the present system to crash.

Congratulations

Waitin’ on the boatman

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2020, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashcat View Post
Just make sure that you’ve uninstalled all versions of Wife 1.0, along with any remnants of GF 1.0, 2.0, or 3.0, along with any other upgrades or add-ons, such as One Nighter 1.0. Forgetting to delete the One Nighter from the system entirely, can cause the present system to crash.

Congratulations

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode