Riding season - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By davec719
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-2020, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Riding season

Here in Colorado, it seems that 90% of riders are purely recreational riders, meaning they only ride on good days. Well, the last couple of weeks has seen temps in the 60ís, so Iím seeing more riders every day to/from work. Please, if you ride, ATGATT.

Aside from it being a killer to see all these riders (Iím no longer riding due to my argument with Rudolph), Iím absolutely horrified at the lack of gear on many of the riders. Maybe Iím slightly paranoid due to what happened to me, but, ATGATT saved my life.

Folks, when riding, take it from me, ATGATT is the way to go. Itís money well spent, could save your life, oh, and is a damn sight cheaper than having to pay foe extra medical bills. Putting that into perspective, insurance paid out around $400,000 for my various medical bills; Iíd hate to think what road rash wouldíve added to that!

Ok, Iíve said my piece and Iíll now get off my soapbox. With what Iíve been thru I just had to say something, so thanks for reading.

Have a great riding season, ride safe, and ATGATT.

Dave
Fastoman and quexpress like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 07:04 AM

👍2nd the motion
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
ATGATT ever its for a short ride. Thanks Dave for sharing vital info on safety. Nice to know you are back to work and getting well. Hang around friend.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 10:05 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davec719 View Post
Here in Colorado, ... paid out around $400,000 for my various medical bills; I’d hate to think what road rash would’ve added to that! ...

Dave
Wow ...
$400K
Must have being pretty banged up !?

LOP

EDIT
Just read your story on another post
Geez
Hope that the insurance things clears out in your favor ...

Take care and I hope for the best for your recovery

LOP

Last edited by Lours_Polaire; 03-12-2020 at 10:26 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
ATGATT...?

I always ride ATGATT, and one day about 14 or 15 years back I was modifying an ATV trailer to allow carrying my Yamaha SR500 on it, to tow behind my motorhome, when my "kid" brother showed up, asked what I was up to.

I explained, then pointed to the 8" wide ramp that was attached to the trailer (which itself was attached to the motorhome), and walked over to the Yam to start it.

"You gonna ride it up the ramp?" he asked, to which I answered "Yes!"

"Where's your helmet?" he asked, to which I had no answer. "Better get it and put it on!" he added.

I figured he was being over-cautious, but I went into the garage, put on my full-face helmet, got on the SR, and started up the ramp.

SOMETHING happened as the bike went over the transition where the ramp becomes level, the bike falling left DOWN to the ground, about 24 to 30", my head hitting quite hard, and I PROBABLY said a "bad-word"! [or TWO]

We picked up the bike (NO damage), then I removed the helmet which was scratched on its side, hugged my bro', and thanked him for his advice!

ATGATT!

foxpro likes this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
YES, ALWAYS RIDE WITH AS MUCH PROTECTION AS POSSIBLE. Thanks for making me a believer a few years ago guys.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode