Any rider groups / rides North of Dallas ? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By weljo2001
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Unread 02-23-2020, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Any rider groups / rides North of Dallas ?

Looking for any VerSys rider groups or any bike ride groups in DFW area. I live in North Dallas

Also please suggest any nice day rides in DFW area or surrounding areas.

There maybe some websites that have a rider group calendars. Please let me know of any

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Unread 02-24-2020, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
I'm from Ft.Worth but moved to California. When i came out to Cali I went on the Meet-up website and found motorcycle group rides and rode with several groups to get to know the area and made friends with several riders and we started doing rides amongst ourselves...https://www.meetup.com

Me and a few other Versys riders met up at Honda/Kawasaki West in Ft.Worth then rode out to Glen Rose for some good food at Hammonds BBQ....

IMG_0092 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0095 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Unread 02-25-2020, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
...Me and a few other Versys riders met up at Honda/Kawasaki West in Ft.Worth then rode out to Glen Rose for some good food at Hammonds BBQ....
I BELIEVE that the ONLY time I ever saw that many Gen 1s in one place, was at a dealer WAY-BACK-WHEN!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Unread 02-25-2020, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I BELIEVE that the ONLY time I ever saw that many Gen 1s in one place, was at a dealer WAY-BACK-WHEN!

Yea, Those photos are from 2010 i believe. 2 of us were from the Ft.Worth area. 1 guy from Plano and the rest I'm not sure. The red bike with the Corbin seat and back rest was a guy and his wife that met us at the BBQ joint because they came in from way out...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Unread 02-27-2020, 09:47 PM

I live in the south Ft Worth area and take trips around Lake Whitney or Lake Granbury area. Beautiful country to ride,here's a pic at Chalk Mountain between Glenrose and Stephenville.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191225_111556_1582861622536.jpg (31.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 20191225_111118_1582861645536.jpg (21.7 KB, 9 views)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 06:45 PM

The first pic looks like the rest area at Chaulk Mountain!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 11:43 PM

Winner winner chicken dinner! Outwest
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Unread Today, 07:16 AM

FM 455 is one of the best around that area. Also great roads north of Munster. Nice riding with very little traffic. Also around Lake Levon to the east and around Lake Ray Roberts. THose are the places are go most of the time. I live in Lewisville.

Have fun and be safe.

Dale
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Unread Today, 07:37 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry95 View Post
I live in the south Ft Worth area and take trips around Lake Whitney or Lake Granbury area. Beautiful country to ride,here's a pic at Chalk Mountain between Glenrose and Stephenville.
When you said mountain and near Ft. Worth, I knew I had to look this up because I sure didn't recall any mountains when I rode through that area. It's the name of the town, not actually a mountain so I didn't miss it. Whew!

My Versys Travels:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in