HD owner fell in love with my Versys. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2020, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
HD owner fell in love with my Versys.

The guy was buying my ATV, mentioned he had a Harley, then noticed my Green '15, and went nutzo over it. When he brought his 18 y/o daughter (hottie, super cute, in yoga pants..grrrrr) back to trailer the ATV home, he took her directly to the Versys to show it to her. I may have converted an HD owner!!!
onewizard, Fastoman and 52Degrees like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2020, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmer View Post
The guy was buying my ATV, mentioned he had a Harley, then noticed my Green '15, and went nutzo over it. When he brought his 18 y/o daughter (hottie, super cute, in yoga pants..grrrrr) back to trailer the ATV home, he took her directly to the Versys to show it to her. I may have converted an HD owner!!!
Tell that cheating bastard to stay in his own lane. But leave the daughter.

Shibumik and dmer like this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2020, 01:38 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Maybe he'll trade his daughter for the Versys....
Shibumik, 52Degrees and dmer like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2020, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
.....and maybe my wife would kill me, or put me in a nursing home!!
Shibumik and 52Degrees like this.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Maybe he'll trade his daughter for the Versys...
I dunno... I'm thinking the Versys would be more loyal than the daughter.
Beezerboy likes this.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2020, 02:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
.....and maybe my wife would kill me, or put me in a nursing home!!

Good chance the 18 year old daughter would do the same but at least you would go out smiling......
52Degrees and dmer like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2020, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Thinking the Versys would be significantly lower maintenance than the daughter
Beezerboy, quexpress and 52Degrees like this.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2020, 05:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerjet View Post
Thinking the Versys would be significantly lower maintenance than the daughter
Far less expensive, as well. Only costs a few dollars to make a motorcycle eventually go away...
hawkerjet likes this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2020, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

I'll be 65 next month. Curious, when do the dirty old man tendencies stop? lol
hawkerjet and 52Degrees like this.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2020, 09:28 PM

Quote:
I'll be 65 next month. Curious, when do the dirty old man tendencies stop? lol
My guess is when they throw dirt on my face.

I'm old not dead, but it's best to keep my eyes open & mouth shut.
Fastoman, 52Degrees and dmer like this.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2020, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Reading between lines , my thoughts are, you have "Converted an HD owner to be your Father In Law".
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 07:10 AM

Garage
Quote:
Umm, many of us Harley owners also own other styles of bikes. Adventure bikes are a hot commodity. Many own a BMW R1200GS parked beside their Harley. Harley riders have always appreciated my Concours 1400, but my '11 Versys was too much "bug-like" for many riders of all brands of bikes.

My Versys Travels:

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 07:15 AM

Garage
Quote:
No photos, didn't happen.

To an old guy like me, a girl in yoga pants or leggings is like a girls from my day walking around in public with just their pantyhose on. At least back then we were allowed to vocalize our appreciation of the female form. Now, you better not get caught looking never mind speaking. Of course if the subject of your appreciation finds you attractive then it is not harassment for some strange reason.

My Versys Travels:

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
No photos, didn't happen.

I should've taken a pic of an 18 yo's butt in yoga pants? Her Daddy woulda' stomped me into a gooey pile of bloody organs! And, having daughters and g'daughters, I wouldn't blame him a bit. Shakira doing the 1/2 time superbowl show last night was enough to rock my world!! WOW!

Last edited by dmer; 02-03-2020 at 08:19 AM.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
my '11 Versys was too much "bug-like" for many riders of all brands of bikes.
Precisely why I went with my 2015.

twowheeladdict and dmer like this.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 10:48 AM

My 2015 V converted a Harley owner a couple of years ago....I let him ride it for about 45 minutes around my rural area, just a joy ride....came back, emphatically told his wife his back didn't hurt at all.....within two weeks, the guy called me and said he was selling his Harley to get a 650. I encouraged him to look at the 1000 since he intended to take his wife a lot. They now appreciate the slight amount of extra room of the 1000. So fast forward a year or so and he rides my R3 around.....next thing I know, he's bought a Ninja 400 and hasn't looked back. Unfortunately for the dealership he worked with, they still have his Harley on the floor for sale. I was rather astonished at all this as he was pretty danged die hard. I don't know if he's gonna cover his Harley tat with a big green K or not.
dmer likes this.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 01:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
I should've taken a pic of an 18 yo's butt in yoga pants? Her Daddy woulda' stomped me into a gooey pile of bloody organs! And, having daughters and g'daughters, I wouldn't blame him a bit. Shakira doing the 1/2 time superbowl show last night was enough to rock my world!! WOW!

I for one appreciate yoga pants on the right women.....

Buffalo_Bob likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
...I may have converted an HD owner!!!...
GOOD work! An H-D guy driving a pickup pulled up to me and my '09 V650 in the Yukon in '15 to instruct me that IT was dangerous, because it didn't weigh ENOUGH.

Quote:
...Curious, when do the dirty old man tendencies stop?...
Don't 'hold' your breath...!

Quote:
...Shakira doing the 1/2 time superbowl show last night was enough to rock my world!!....
I have to admit to thinking that the WHOLE half-time show was NOT appropriate for the children watching!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

I sure enjoyed it! Shakira and Jlo are close enough to my age that I don't have to feel ashamed of myself.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 07:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
I sure enjoyed it! Shakira and Jlo are close enough to my age that I don't have to feel ashamed of myself.

This kind of sums it up....

onewizard, twowheeladdict and dmer like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode