Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Sold my Weestrom today, now watching for----->

2K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  davec719 
#1 ·
Definitely looking for a Versys now. I watched all summer, found nothing close, so ended up buying back a 1250 Bandit that I had sold 10 years ago! (he only put 1500 miles on it in 10 yrs....I couldn't resist!!) So, having a 2 bike limit (for space) I put the Versys on the back burner until I could sell the VStrom. Altho' I will probably wait until spring, (winter sucks, I hate the cold) I "can" buy a '15 or newer 650 at any time.

#3 ·
A number of used bikes on this forum.

#10 · (Edited)
Thanks, 9k miles. Not a lot of add-ons. Phone holder,bar risers,power plug, BIG GIVI blade trunk, kickstand "foot". I don't plan on adding much of anything. Experience has taught me that farkling is a losing proposition! lol

Edit: Just read your story on the deer strike. Wow, very sorry!! I've managed to avoid many of them over the years, altho' I did kill one with a Ford! Dang things are suicidal!!

#11 ·
Thanks. No recollection of the accident or the next 48 hours but recovering slowly. Baby steps as they say.

I paid $4,800 for my ‘15. Had 6100 miles and had the top box and sidestand foot. You got a good deal.

I added, in order of importance to me and their effectiveness, the following:

Center stand
Fender extender
Tank pad
Radiator guard
Rear hugger

All were got from China, except the center stand which I got from Constands.

Also added a battery tender cable/heated gear plug.

I had engine guards but they came 2 days before the deer strike. So I was able to return them as I didn’t have time to fit them.

Enjoy the V, she’s a great bike.

Dave

#13 ·
You don't really need one IMHO. Get a "pit-stand" for the rear to use at home during chain-lubing, etc. For trips you can make a stand from an old aluminum crutch, as long as you have already installed "spools" for the pit-stand.

Cut the crutch down (as per pic below), and use either a piece of two-sided Velcro or a riding-glove to hold the front brakes ON so the bike doesn't roll as you lift it.

versys crutch1 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

versys crutch2 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

versys crutch3 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

versys crutch4 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

A 'foot' added to the side-stand helps a LOT too, this one w/ some "JBWeld" to keep it attached.

JB Weld foot by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

Here it is holding my Gen 3 up to lube the chain, in Alaska.

P6134902 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

Reactions: dmer
#14 ·
It’s not to bad an install (Constands centerstand). Having a 2nd person to help with the “thru the engine engine bolt” and the stand springs is huge!

Overall, it takes a couple hours; more if you screw things up like I did 😄.

Stand works very well and I think it’s way better that having to use a paddock stand.

All the best,
Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.