Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
gp$$$ mount

has anyone used one of these?
https://motogps.com.au/verses-650-my-2015/

Dadsafrantic

2018 versys 650 lt
0 miles- 8/15/19

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 12:00 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Looks Good, but have not seen it before. Most of us use Motowerk model.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 12:08 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
MotoWerk's GPS Mounts on my 09 V-650 and my 2016 V-1000

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 02:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Since I have the Garmin Zumo 350LM, I just use the factory Garmin mount/wiring kit for both of my Versys 650s. The GPS came with one mounting/wiring kit. I ordered a second kit from eBay for my other Versys ($100). The Garmin kit uses RAM components, I wouldn't be surprised if RAM made it for Garmin.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-...53.m2749.l2649

Currently using the a RAM handle bar mounts for mounting the GPS. I found out the cheaper U-Bolt bar style mount works best on the Versys handlebars. The more expensive RAM AMB408751U mount is too bulky and doesn't clamp on as tightly on the bars.

I'm going to work on and fabricating a cross bracket for the windscreen mounts, using RAM Tough-Track hardware for attaching the X-Grip and the Garmin mount.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDHORSECA View Post
Since I have the Garmin Zumo 350LM, I just use the factory Garmin mount/wiring kit for both of my Versys 650s. The GPS came with one mounting/wiring kit. I ordered a second kit from eBay for my other Versys ($100). The Garmin kit uses RAM components, I wouldn't be surprised if RAM made it for Garmin.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-...53.m2749.l2649

Currently using the a RAM handle bar mounts for mounting the GPS. I found out the cheaper U-Bolt bar style mount works best on the Versys handlebars. The more expensive RAM AMB408751U mount is too bulky and doesn't clamp on as tightly on the bars.

I'm going to work on and fabricating a cross bracket for the windscreen mounts, using RAM Tough-Track hardware for attaching the X-Grip and the Garmin mount.
i have a couple of those mounting gadgets. i have one on the v650 now with an un-powered tomtom rider 2013 on it. i still need to find a proper mounting position to get a clear view of the cluster. i have a tomtom 400 with a powered mount to put on eventually. the one i started the thread with looks to be bmw price point friendly.

Dadsafrantic

2018 versys 650 lt
0 miles- 8/15/19

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I did this for my 2012... works well so far.
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ject-gen2.html

Here to learn.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbientMoto View Post
I did this for my 2012... works well so far.
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ject-gen2.html
i like that. i'd like to do that out the front and mount a light bar.

Dadsafrantic

2018 versys 650 lt
0 miles- 8/15/19

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 10:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I don't know how mechanically inclined you are? but it's very easy to make a mount using a 1/8 x 1" aluminum strip on your windshield brackets. I posted mine a year or two back. I needed a vise, a hand drill and a small tap. I then painted it flat black and attached a RAM mount to it. Simple and cheap. It was very secure and the GPS location was perfect.
Randy

Do yourself a favor, find America One News Network (OANN) on your cable carrier. 208 on Uverse. News without the Network BS or bias
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode