• 1 Post By Randyjaco
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
skwoosh

anyone try this brand? i was going to get one for the big pig but never did. i wonder if it would be a good thing on the slope from hell seat.
Motorcycle Gel Pads & Cushions - SKWOOSH

Dadsafrantic

2018 versys 650 lt
0 miles- 8/15/19

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Have one of those embedded in the seat , helps but not 100%
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 06:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
If you really want a COMFORTABLE seat, bite the bullet and get one of Terry Adcock's. Mine is all-day comfortable. I tried the gel seats, they helped some but weren't that comfortable. I paid a little over $200 for mine. The bad part is that he is backed up for about 6 months.
Randy
dadsafrantic likes this.

Do yourself a favor, find America One News Network (OANN) on your cable carrier. 208 on Uverse. News without the Network BS or bias

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsafrantic View Post
...i wonder if it would be a good thing on the slope from hell seat....
Raise the front of your seat for about $3. Requires a scrap piece of steel w/ TWO 6mm holes drilled into it, two = 6mmx45 bolts and twelve 1/4" washers.

Here's how high mine are raised NOW w/over 150 THOUSAND miles on the 'mod'.

THEN if you want more, buy another seat....

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 03:33 PM

Only thing that got me truly comfortable was a 2nd hand Russell Day Long. I tried raising the nose, Seat Concepts, beads, Alaskan Sheepskin, AirHawk... all were improvements, but after 100 miles or so I was ready to walk. Picked up a used RDL and I no longer think about the seat.

I'm sure Terry's is just as good.

Note: I only get to ride on weekends and usually only get a 150-200 mile loop in when I can. Some of my saddle difficulties are probably due to a lack of serious saddle time, although I've been riding regularly for about 20 years.

'08 Versys.. Givi rear rack, JCW trunk and E21's, Givi shield, Madstad bracket, Speedy peg and mirror brackets, lowering kit, SC Seat, R1 Shock.. other stuff. '09 KLX250 setup for singletrack. 2011 Xterra, '80 CJ-7

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Raise the front of your seat for about $3. Requires a scrap piece of steel w/ TWO 6mm holes drilled into it, two = 6mmx45 bolts and twelve 1/4" washers.

Here's how high mine are raised NOW w/over 150 THOUSAND miles on the 'mod'.

THEN if you want more, buy another seat....
i can do that. it doesn't sit too high and flex the seat pan in the middle?

Dadsafrantic

2018 versys 650 lt
0 miles- 8/15/19

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Nope.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Nope.

cool.

Dadsafrantic

2018 versys 650 lt
0 miles- 8/15/19

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
When I joined this Forum (summer '08), raising the front of the seat was a VERY popular 'mod', so when I got my '08 in September I did that to it. BIG RED has 85,340 miles on it, w/ THAT mod. And here it is w/ the "milk-crate-mod".

milk-crate1 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

Then I bought the GREEN HORNET (an '09 'leftover' in Nov '10) I raised the seat on it, then imported it to Canada, where it had 62,790 kms when it became an 'insurance write-off' in July '13.

R1shock1 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

It was replaced by a '15 V650LT, the GREEN HORNET TOO, the seat front raised, and has 73,013 kms on it (and the 'modded' seat).

IMG_0634 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

That makes my total V650 'mileage' at 84,384 miles in BC, 85,340 miles in AZ = 167,724 miles TOTAL w/ NO seat problems on any of the three, and almost ALL of those miles w/ the seat mod.
Fastoman likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
When I joined this Forum (summer '08), raising the front of the seat was a VERY popular 'mod', so when I got my '08 in September I did that to it. BIG RED has 85,340 miles on it, w/ THAT mod. And here it is w/ the "milk-crate-mod".

milk-crate1 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

Then I bought the GREEN HORNET (an '09 'leftover' in Nov '10) I raised the seat on it, then imported it to Canada, where it had 62,790 kms when it became an 'insurance write-off' in July '13.

R1shock1 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

It was replaced by a '15 V650LT, the GREEN HORNET TOO, the seat front raised, and has 73,013 kms on it (and the 'modded' seat).

IMG_0634 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

That makes my total V650 'mileage' at 84,384 miles in BC, 85,340 miles in AZ = 167,724 miles TOTAL w/ NO seat problems on any of the three, and almost ALL of those miles w/ the seat mod.
nice. i like the milk crate mod. i have done a few of those. it's the simple stuff that seems like the most appreciated.

Dadsafrantic

2018 versys 650 lt
0 miles- 8/15/19

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
nice. i like the milk crate mod. i have done a few of those. it's the simple stuff that seems like the most appreciated.
I just did THAT as a gag - someone posted a comment that ...at least NOBODY would put a milk-crate onto a Versys! So I did!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
I just did THAT as a gag - someone posted a comment that ...at least NOBODY would put a milk-crate onto a Versys! So I did!
i should have gotten pictures. i had 3 x 50lb sacks of potatoes on the old caponord. felt like the wife...

Dadsafrantic

2018 versys 650 lt
0 miles- 8/15/19

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
i should have gotten pictures. i had 3 x 50lb sacks of potatoes on the old caponord. felt like the wife...
You BETTER hope she doesn't check out this site...!

Fastoman likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Today, 09:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I bought my Versys in 2008 and found the sloping seat very painful after an hour or so. I took the vinyl cover off the driver's portion and cut the foam down at the back so it was level with the foam at the front edge. That meant 40mm taken off at the rear, nothing taken from the front edge. I then replaced the cover. I made no change to the pillion seat.

This gave me a level seat and suddenly my anatomy was happy again. The cover sits in the same position when I'm off the bike but gets pushed down when I sit on it. I've done 8 to 10 hour days on it with an Airhawk and it gives me no problems.

You can help make Clem a household name

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode