Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

skwoosh

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Doctor Shifty 
#1 ·
#3 ·
If you really want a COMFORTABLE seat, bite the bullet and get one of Terry Adcock's. Mine is all-day comfortable. I tried the gel seats, they helped some but weren't that comfortable. I paid a little over $200 for mine. The bad part is that he is backed up for about 6 months.
Randy

Reactions: dadsafrantic
#4 ·
...i wonder if it would be a good thing on the slope from hell seat....
Raise the front of your seat for about $3. Requires a scrap piece of steel w/ TWO 6mm holes drilled into it, two = 6mmx45 bolts and twelve 1/4" washers.

Here's how high mine are raised NOW w/over 150 THOUSAND miles on the 'mod'.

THEN if you want more, buy another seat....

#5 ·
Only thing that got me truly comfortable was a 2nd hand Russell Day Long. I tried raising the nose, Seat Concepts, beads, Alaskan Sheepskin, AirHawk... all were improvements, but after 100 miles or so I was ready to walk. Picked up a used RDL and I no longer think about the seat.

I'm sure Terry's is just as good.

Note: I only get to ride on weekends and usually only get a 150-200 mile loop in when I can. Some of my saddle difficulties are probably due to a lack of serious saddle time, although I've been riding regularly for about 20 years.

#14 ·
I bought my Versys in 2008 and found the sloping seat very painful after an hour or so. I took the vinyl cover off the driver's portion and cut the foam down at the back so it was level with the foam at the front edge. That meant 40mm taken off at the rear, nothing taken from the front edge. I then replaced the cover. I made no change to the pillion seat.

This gave me a level seat and suddenly my anatomy was happy again. The cover sits in the same position when I'm off the bike but gets pushed down when I sit on it. I've done 8 to 10 hour days on it with an Airhawk and it gives me no problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.