v650 sighting - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
v650 sighting

in sf today i saw a gen 2 v650. black with a list of farkles/mods. some food for thought on my bike. just up from van ness.

Dadsafrantic

2018 versys 650 lt
0 miles- 8/15/19

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 06:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Half expected you were going to say you saw my Green Goblin! Been commuting on the Versys again for the last month or so!

A Degree and a DD-214.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsequitur View Post
Half expected you were going to say you saw my Green Goblin! Been commuting on the Versys again for the last month or so!
that would be an ugly commute from manteca. people do it though. i knew a guy who commuted on a yamaha warrior from sacramento to dublin every day. he also rode it to panama and back.

we'll see how the v like 20k per year.

Dadsafrantic

2018 versys 650 lt
0 miles- 8/15/19

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 07:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsafrantic View Post
that would be an ugly commute from manteca. people do it though. i knew a guy who commuted on a yamaha warrior from sacramento to dublin every day. he also rode it to panama and back.

we'll see how the v like 20k per year.
Not too bad I work swing shift so I only hit traffic on the weekends... The rainy season at the start of the year kind of sucked, but so far this year I have 22k miles on 2 wheels between my 2015 Versys and my 2006 Honda VTX1800F3. We just moved a couple years ago from Stockton which subtracted 30 miles from the commute. Daily ride is 156 miles... I work in the Potrero Hill area, and grew-up in Bernal Heights. Life is a little more affordable in the Central Valley though...

A Degree and a DD-214.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
2 today in sf. both heading west on geary through japan town. 1 green and i didn't catch more than a glimpse and 1 gen 1 red with a black cat on the tank. me on the loud '18 white.

Dadsafrantic

2018 versys 650 lt
0 miles- 8/15/19

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 10:55 AM

I live in Orange County, CA. I work near LAX airport. I have only seen one Verys in the past 10 months on my commutes.
Funny thing is I heard his chain noise before I heard his bike. He pulled next to me. As I looked over, he looked over at me. We both did a double take. My double take was that I was surprised he was on a Versys. I am sure his was for the same. We waved and parted ways.

I would have thought the Versys would be ore popular in SoCal. When I lived in Oregon I saw them often.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 01:00 PM

In Northern California I see Versys' now and again; about the same amount as I see Suzuki V-Strom's. These kind of bikes, as light touring / light adventure bikes are not "image" bikes like Harleys and sport bikes which I see predominately.

I'm sure if you have a Versys or like bike, you bought it primarily for it's functionality, not for image.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 01:06 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsafrantic View Post
2 today in sf. both heading west on geary through japan town. 1 green and i didn't catch more than a glimpse and 1 gen 1 red with a black cat on the tank. me on the loud '18 white.
@dadsafrantic, I keep looking for you around town - I commute daily between Alamo Square and Financial District on my 2011 (red), so I spend more time on Bush/Pine than the other through streets. And I don't get out to the Avenues very often.

I see a few other red 2011's regularly and lots of red and blue Gen1's, but few other years/colors. I may not be as attuned to recognizing Gen3 bikes though.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftbrain99 View Post
@dadsafrantic, I keep looking for you around town - I commute daily between Alamo Square and Financial District on my 2011 (red), so I spend more time on Bush/Pine than the other through streets. And I don't get out to the Avenues very often.

I see a few other red 2011's regularly and lots of red and blue Gen1's, but few other years/colors. I may not be as attuned to recognizing Gen3 bikes though.
1 saw another gen 2 at 5ish today heading past geary on franklin.

i park behind cathedral hill. usually less than $4 per day. safer looking parking than some of the other spots in alleys and across van ness. do you have the curb ninja app? it maps all the motorcycle parking in sf. a great app for sure.

i used to do the bush thing going from st mary's to st francis not too long ago. now i get shuttled between job sites.

Dadsafrantic

2018 versys 650 lt
0 miles- 8/15/19

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 10:21 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Riot View Post
I live in Orange County, CA. I work near LAX airport. I have only seen one Verys in the past 10 months on my commutes.
Funny thing is I heard his chain noise before I heard his bike. He pulled next to me. As I looked over, he looked over at me. We both did a double take. My double take was that I was surprised he was on a Versys. I am sure his was for the same. We waved and parted ways.

I would have thought the Versys would be ore popular in SoCal. When I lived in Oregon I saw them often.

I live in the Norwalk/Cerritos area and every blue moon i see a Versys 650 or Versys 1000.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
i park next to one several times a week.

Dadsafrantic

2018 versys 650 lt
0 miles- 8/15/19

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2020, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
At noon today saw a white V with matching side cases on the 405N i was taking the 605N hov lane you stayed in the 405N hov lane

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in