Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

twisted throttle

4K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  wampuspacker 
#1 ·
looks like some v650 items are discounted. sw-m engine guard is $151. just saying.

#17 · (Edited)
I had a low-side crash at 20 to 30 mph eight or nine years ago, on Mt Graham in AZ (near Safford), riding AZ 366, when my front tire lost traction as it transitioned across the yellow line which is made of some sort of plastic having ABSOLUTELY NO traction!

Damage? Bent my shift-lever, got scratches on my stator-cover, on my Hepko-Becker crashbars, (which I "fixed" w/ electricians tape), and on my handguards (which I "fixed" w/ different tape!). Also busted a rib....

DSC05405 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

DSC05404 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

DSC09818 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

I was happy w/ those Hepko-Becker crashbars, but as I was getting an SW-Motech skid-plate, and I was NOT sure they'd work "together" - I removed the H-Bs and replaced them w/ the SW-Motech crash bars.

#18 ·
I was happy w/ those Hepko-Becker crashbars, but as I was getting an SW-Motech skid-plate, and I was NOT sure they'd work "together" - I removed the H-Bs and replaced them.
can you tell now if the SWM rock guard (no skid plate is that thin) would have fit along the HB crashbars? for a while I thought the HB rock guard would do just as well, but I also had the motowerks highway pegs to mount, and didn't want to leg them go...!

#26 ·
last i heard a dirt nap was a permanent thing. not likely to care much about crash bars at that point.

the r&g crash puck is much smaller than the engine guard. i do like the bigger bars but this is how it's ending up and i'm liking it.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.