twisted throttle - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddd View Post
can you tell now if the SWM rock guard (no skid plate is that thin) would have fit along the HB crashbars?....
All I can say for sure, is that they did NOT look like they would, so that's why I replaced the H-B ones, back in '13, near as I recall.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
you mean the little bar that is merely a frame slider? no wonder they finally lowered the price of that which nobody wants.
so i finally decided to go with the swm guard. i'm going to say that they are more stout and cover a lot more territory than any sliders i've had before. while they don't go as high as i'd preferred i am satisfied with the product. they are typically overbuilt and appear to be ready for more than a simple tip over.

Dadsafrantic

2018 versys 650 lt
0 miles- 8/15/19

post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 11:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Well, I never had to use the crashbars as the effing deer that hit me wrecked my bike, and nearly wrecked me, before I could fit them!

Returning them to Twisted Throttle for a full refund. They were pleasant and helpful to deal with.

All the best,
Dave

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 05:43 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsafrantic View Post
so i finally decided to go with the swm guard. i'm going to say that they are more stout and cover a lot more territory than any sliders i've had before. while they don't go as high as i'd preferred i am satisfied with the product. they are typically overbuilt and appear to be ready for more than a simple tip over.
Ah. I stand corrected; some people do want that mere little bar. ;-)

I'm only suggesting that this protection is unlikely to increase your peace of mind in anticipation of dirt napping. It's probably ok for pavement people. Have fun.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
...I'm only suggesting that this protection is unlikely to increase your peace of mind in anticipation of dirt napping....
DIRT NAPPING...? Oh - you mean like THIS...!

DSC01658 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

VERY little damage done - just 'scraped' some reflective tape on the hand-guards....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
last i heard a dirt nap was a permanent thing. not likely to care much about crash bars at that point.

the r&g crash puck is much smaller than the engine guard. i do like the bigger bars but this is how it's ending up and i'm liking it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2151.jpg (52.8 KB, 28 views)

Dadsafrantic

2018 versys 650 lt
0 miles- 8/15/19

post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-25-2019, 07:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I had a pair on the 08 that I had . The great thing that I didn't plan on was the ability to put a set of clamp on pegs on the frames that were greatly appreciated on a weeklong 3000 mile bucket list ride thatI did with some friends
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode