Trouble mounting Givi D4122ST windscreen on Versys 650 (2019) - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Trouble mounting Givi D4122ST windscreen on Versys 650 (2019)

Hello all,

I recently got a Kawasaki Versys 650 (2019) and although I enjoy it very much I noticed the wind noise on the helmet is rather loud. Leaning forward so my helmet is a few centimetres lower gets rid of the noise however so I have been looking into a replacement windshield.

I ordered this Givi D4122ST windshield which according to the manufacturer is specially made for the Versys 650 2017-2019 however when trying to mount it I discovered that the holes that the brackets attach to are too big for the bolts.

One thing to note is that when I got the bike I went for the Windshield (Smoke) option as a replacement for the default one.

The black washer in the above picture was mounted behind the original windshield, I could use it to mount the Givi by putting it on the front but it still seems a bit weird to me.

Below is a photo of my original windshield with the bolt neatly fitting through. The hole for the bolt (M5) is about 6mm, whereas the holes on the Givi windshield are 12mm.

This leaves me with the following questions:

Did the way the windshield is fitted change between the 2017-2018 and 2019 model?
Did the dealer when changing the stock windshield for the (genuine) smoked windshield also change the fittings?

One interesting thing to note: For the 2015-2016 Versys the correct model would be the Givi D4114ST windshield whereas 2017+ Versys owners have complained in reviews about this windshield not fitting properly because the holes were too small and needed to be drilled out.

I'd greatly appreciate photos of the way this windshield is mounted on Versys 650 2017+ models.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode