First impressions from a new rider - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
First impressions from a new rider

Hello all once again. This time coming from an actual owner of a '18 LT! I love this bike, only had it for 2 weeks and am getting comfortable and trusting it (cornering lean angles) more and more each ride. This is the perfect bike for my life. Style, performance, commuting, comfort, sport, Kawasaki nailed this. Also completed my MSF beginner level course last weekend and got my official license.

Already started the mods, got the T-Rex crash bars installed, along with their peg lowering kit (more comfy for my longer legs). Just put on the rear luggage rack plate/bracket and am waiting for my Shad X-pandable top case to arrive from the UK. And also did my first motorcycle oil change at 450 miles. Waiting on the power outlet / USB charger to arrive (already have the relay).

You guys here have been a wealth of information, thank you. My next and (last?) purchase of the season will be a set of LED aux driving lights to turn day into night. I know that Denali is on the high end of the price stand point, but are there realistic "cheaper" alternatives worth buying? These would be mounted on my crash bars, FYI.

Thanks again and stay safe out there!
-K

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."
-Sun Tzu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuchi View Post
My next and (last?) purchase of the season will be a set of LED aux driving lights to turn day into night. I know that Denali is on the high end of the price stand point, but are there realistic "cheaper" alternatives worth buying? These would be mounted on my crash bars, FYI.
-K
Hi Kuchi,

Welcome!
Very interested on the point above also, if you find something please post it here as I'm likely to copy!

Cheers
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuchi View Post
...You guys here have been a wealth of information, thank you. My next and (last?) purchase of the season will be a set of LED aux driving lights to turn day into night. I know that Denali is on the high end of the price stand point, but are there realistic "cheaper" alternatives worth buying? These would be mounted on my crash bars, FYI....
I use my LED aux driving lights as indicators to "cage-drivers" that I am on a motorcycle, the triangle effect, and 'cheapies' will do that for you.

onewizard and Skypilot 69 like this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
-K , there are tonnes of cheap Aux light out there which will do the job. Just google and take your time.
https://www.webbikeworld.com/lights/ - Some reference materiel for your reading.

https://www.aliexpress.com/motorcycl...s_reviews.html - some after market lights.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Today, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I use my LED aux driving lights as indicators to "cage-drivers" that I am on a motorcycle, the triangle effect, and 'cheapies' will do that for you.

Wow!! That's beautiful, I like it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode