3Likes
  • 1 Post By dddd
  • 2 Post By hawkerjet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Flat Foot Failure / Speedy

Apparently I am the first one having this happen, I contacted Speedy. Initially I didn't think it was that bad, and only caught it while having the bike on the pit stand lubing the chain. I considered going to Fortnine as our dollar sucks compared to the US plus the shipping . The Sw Motech for $64 plus tax. So I removed the flat foot and realized the foot wasn't safe to leave on the bike, FYI, no way it could come off even if the stand went completely through the flat foot, and it couldn't hit anything, however the stand could punch though and the bike could go over.
I looked closely and this isn't a wear issue as some of the checker plate is still in place, my feeling is the remaining material was too thin , possibly I was parked on a stone, also I use the stand down to get on and off the bike ( yes I hover around 210 with full gear ). Usually I leg over the seat then slide onto the bike , I have on occasion used the left side footpeg to mount the bike.
So what I did is take a piece of 3/8 aluminum I had with a existing hole through it and then made a template of the old base of the flat foot, I then copied this to the 3/8 aluminum and using a carbide router bit and making LOTS of aluminum shavings, routed out then using a jig saw cut the outside and than counter sunk the screws. I has 8/32 stainless socket head by 3/4 inch on hand , needed to shorten about 5/32 . Painted and mounted.
I thought I would post this as like Speedy said, I am the only one with this problem so far.

This is as it was removed from the bike after disassembly

I tried to show from the inside, basically it was cracked 3/4 of the way around

This is a view from the edge, the original is in the back, my homemade 3/8 in front to compare thickness

Last my homemade and Speedy , obviously not as professional , in fact I was off by about 1/16 on one hole. Since we are into a heat wave again, I didn't want to wait a week to get something from Fortnine , yes delivery is normally 2 days max, just it was the weekend coming up and then 7 days of high heat.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 05:33 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
> The Sw Motech for $64 plus tax.

My very light version, for less than 10$ and far more effective in soft ground:
(2 pipe caps with some dremmel work)
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ml#post1386874

Since then, I chose to use stainless steel recessed bolts from the bottom side and a nyloc on the top, to keep the bottom smooth and avoid scratching everything it rests on.

Doug Just Doug likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I rolled my own for free.

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...-increase.html
onewizard and Doug Just Doug like this.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Need to check mine as its has been there for years and i dint notice any sign of wear. will need to check for safety reason.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
MINE are from China via EBAY, and quite cheap. I added a "dollop" of JBWeld before cranking it down to ensure it stays ON.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JB Weld foot.JPG (290.4 KB, 11 views)

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
Apparently I am the first one having this happen, I contacted Speedy.
I'm not sure if I speak for other newer members, but it took me a long time to connect your references to "Speedy" as equating to "Moto Werk." For the last 3 days, I thought there was some other manufacturer under the name of Speedy making this kickstand foot. I now see that Speedy has some history here, but you really would have to have been here a while to know that off-hand.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftbrain99 View Post
I'm not sure if I speak for other newer members, but it took me a long time to connect your references to "Speedy" as equating to "Moto Werk." For the last 3 days, I thought there was some other manufacturer under the name of Speedy making this kickstand foot. I now see that Speedy has some history here, but you really would have to have been here a while to know that off-hand.
Correct, been on here 11 years, I wasn't trying to draw attention and I have contacted them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode