Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Battlax AX41 130/170

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Fastoman 
#1 · (Edited)
Picked up this set of tires for my 2013 ADVersys. I'm excited to get them mounted once I wear out my TKC80 front and MotoZ Tractionator GPS setup which currently has over 6k miles. I figure these will be going on in the next month or two. Couldn't pass up the deal for the pair at $197 after $50 rebate. I'm probably going to run the front tire in the standard rear rotation direction as this is how the tread is orientated for their standard front tires. Purchased these from Rocky Mountain.

130/80-17
170/60-17

https://www.bridgestone.com/products/motorcycle_tires/products/detail/pr154/
https://bridgestonerewards.com/

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Be careful with the 130 front. I ran a rear Kenda Big Block 130 (reversed) up front on my bike and while it did well on pavement and fire roads, it was TOO WIDE and very sketchy in anything thick/loose. It just wandered and never stayed planted in the loose stuff. And I even aired down to see if it would help. I've still got it mounted on my stock 17" rim that I took off for the 19" swap. I'm now running a 110/80-19, and after a 1200+ mile trip with about 1/2 of the mileage on non paved surfaces I can tell you without a doubt that the taller narrower tire handled 10X better. Hopefully you will have better luck than I did.

Reactions: 16VGTIDave
#4 ·
And FWIW - I have run a 130/80 x 17 (rear) on the front of my '08 V650 for quite a few years - METZLER TOURANCE [run BOTH directions] as well as SHINKO E705s, w/ NO issues, either on pavement OR on dirt (but I bet that Jeff has run HIS on gnarlier dirt than I have)....

#5 ·
Finally got these mounted up and they handle surprisingly well on the street. Heavier at the bars but once you initiate a turn it is super stable and sticks to your chosen line. Tested up to 110mph haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.