Curious to hear your feedback once it arrives!
Haven't yet mounted it on the bike, but what I can tell already is:
- The bag is semi-rigid, not flappy or soft. It holds its shape on its own.
- It's larger than I thought, L-sized helmet for comparison
- Comes with a waterproof outer bag that has taped seams. You don't have to rely on those "waterproof" zippers, thankfully.
- Also included are straps to mount it from under the seat, two extra bungee cords for securing it when it's fully loaded, and shoulder straps for converting it into a backpack.
- The backpack configuration is a gimmick, the straps are flimsy and it's not comfortable, but it'll do the job in a pinch. It's mostly a motorcycle bag, so I don't consider it a problem.
- There's a small external pocket at the top, two internal nets with velcros to close them, and a flexible strap for securing smallish things inside. All in all, pretty sensible management for cargo, not just a big, empty bag.
- The velcros are strong and hold well. Can't say how long they'll last.
- The quality of materials and construction is noticeably below what you'd get from top-spec western brands, but it's not made out of kitchen rags either.
Overall, it's as advertised. Definitely not a scam or a bull**it product, it's a pretty decent tail bag, the only concerns I might have is longevity under hard use. Time will tell.
It actually exceeded my expectations, but they were low in the first place
For $35, it definitely seems worth it.
If you're travelling across the world, get something western. If you're looking to get something for weekend trips or, like me, to haul some essentials to a track day or training session every now and then, this should do the trick for a fraction of the cost.