Tail bags - anyone knows the chinese options - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By _Big_Mac_

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Tail bags - anyone knows the chinese options

Good morning everyone,

Seeking some advice from all the experience here in the forum.
I'm evaluating Tail bag options (ideally I'd go for the top cases, but don't want to invest much and those + racks + support are quite expensive) and other to the traditional Ogio, Nelson Rigg, Givi, etc I found several Chinese options on eBay. Does anyone know them and/or have any experience with it?

Below some options:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-...b4e9%7Ciid%3A1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-...torefresh=true

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-...b4e9%7Ciid%3A1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-Motorcyc...b4e9%7Ciid%3A1

The idea is to carry small useful stuff on short rides, rain gear, water, snack, etc and when expanded that it fits a full face / modular helmet inside. The "traditional" competitor would be the Nelson Rigg CL-1060.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 10:48 AM

Garage
I had the Oigo on my CBR250, I liked it a lot. Not too big, not too small, built in rain cover that won't come off or get lost. I no longer have that bike, if you are interested in purchasing the Oigo, message me.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/ogio-tail-bag

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirconx View Post
I had the Oigo on my CBR250, I liked it a lot. Not too big, not too small, built in rain cover that won't come off or get lost. I no longer have that bike, if you are interested in purchasing the Oigo, message me.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/ogio-tail-bag

Here is good offer and hope the price meet your budget. Buying china made,sometime you win , sometime you lose.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 02:28 AM

I've ordered the one with Motocentric written on it two weeks ago from aliexpress, still waiting for delivery. I'm in no big hurry so delivery from China is fine Can't comment on the product yet.

2015 Versys 650
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 05:02 AM

when something with zippers claims to be waterproof, I already know in which category to shove these.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Big_Mac_ View Post
I've ordered the one with Motocentric written on it two weeks ago from aliexpress, still waiting for delivery. I'm in no big hurry so delivery from China is fine Can't comment on the product yet.
Curious to hear your feedback once it arrives!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddd View Post
when something with zippers claims to be waterproof, I already know in which category to shove these.
Yea,generally thats true.Especially on a motorcycle when the rain is being pounded in with gusto as you ride. I have a MEC "water resistant" bag for road trips. They say waterproof for boating I think. Works good but you cant submerge it obviously as there are zippers. Big flap over the main zipper. A little big for this thread but you can get creative!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my bag rack.jpg (67.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg MEC waterproof bag.jpg (68.3 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by jaaklucas; 06-28-2019 at 12:01 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fipenna View Post
Curious to hear your feedback once it arrives!
It arrived.

Haven't yet mounted it on the bike, but what I can tell already is:

- The bag is semi-rigid, not flappy or soft. It holds its shape on its own.
- It's larger than I thought, L-sized helmet for comparison
- Comes with a waterproof outer bag that has taped seams. You don't have to rely on those "waterproof" zippers, thankfully.
- Also included are straps to mount it from under the seat, two extra bungee cords for securing it when it's fully loaded, and shoulder straps for converting it into a backpack.
- The backpack configuration is a gimmick, the straps are flimsy and it's not comfortable, but it'll do the job in a pinch. It's mostly a motorcycle bag, so I don't consider it a problem.
- There's a small external pocket at the top, two internal nets with velcros to close them, and a flexible strap for securing smallish things inside. All in all, pretty sensible management for cargo, not just a big, empty bag.
- The velcros are strong and hold well. Can't say how long they'll last.
- The quality of materials and construction is noticeably below what you'd get from top-spec western brands, but it's not made out of kitchen rags either.

Overall, it's as advertised. Definitely not a scam or a bull**it product, it's a pretty decent tail bag, the only concerns I might have is longevity under hard use. Time will tell.
It actually exceeded my expectations, but they were low in the first place For $35, it definitely seems worth it.

If you're travelling across the world, get something western. If you're looking to get something for weekend trips or, like me, to haul some essentials to a track day or training session every now and then, this should do the trick for a fraction of the cost.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190703_170038.jpg (49.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190703_165942.jpg (67.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190703_170009.jpg (43.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190703_165931.jpg (68.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190703_170002.jpg (38.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190703_165919.jpg (42.8 KB, 9 views)
fipenna likes this.

2015 Versys 650
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Today, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Big_Mac_ View Post
It arrived.

Haven't yet mounted it on the bike, but what I can tell already is:

- The bag is semi-rigid, not flappy or soft. It holds its shape on its own.
- It's larger than I thought, L-sized helmet for comparison
- Comes with a waterproof outer bag that has taped seams. You don't have to rely on those "waterproof" zippers, thankfully.
- Also included are straps to mount it from under the seat, two extra bungee cords for securing it when it's fully loaded, and shoulder straps for converting it into a backpack.
- The backpack configuration is a gimmick, the straps are flimsy and it's not comfortable, but it'll do the job in a pinch. It's mostly a motorcycle bag, so I don't consider it a problem.
- There's a small external pocket at the top, two internal nets with velcros to close them, and a flexible strap for securing smallish things inside. All in all, pretty sensible management for cargo, not just a big, empty bag.
- The velcros are strong and hold well. Can't say how long they'll last.
- The quality of materials and construction is noticeably below what you'd get from top-spec western brands, but it's not made out of kitchen rags either.

Overall, it's as advertised. Definitely not a scam or a bull**it product, it's a pretty decent tail bag, the only concerns I might have is longevity under hard use. Time will tell.
It actually exceeded my expectations, but they were low in the first place For $35, it definitely seems worth it.

If you're travelling across the world, get something western. If you're looking to get something for weekend trips or, like me, to haul some essentials to a track day or training session every now and then, this should do the trick for a fraction of the cost.
Great, thanks for such detailed review and pictures!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode