• 1 Post By civit
  • 1 Post By Fastoman
  • 2 Post By Fly-Sig
  • 1 Post By Bbakeman0971

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Big thanks and looking for a windscreen 650 LT!

I got some great advice on my first thread. Just want to say thank you for the warm welcome. Now to go shopping for a new windscreen for my huge 6'3" body. Did my first freeway ride and pretty much got pushed around like a rag doll. Looking at the V-Stream. Let me know if you have any other suggestions. I'm scrolling the other threads and I see a lot of opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 09:46 AM

I am 6'1" and went through 2 sizes of V-streams before going with a Madstad 22" unit, which are height and angle adjustable. They make them slightly taller than the one I got also. V-streams buffeted too much for me and the angle adjustment of the Madstad solved all of that

I was looking for max wind bubble for long days on the road, and am very happy with it. Finding the right one depends on your intended usage and definitely height, happy shopping
funflyingguy and Bbakeman0971 like this.

2016 Versys 650LT - Madstad, T-Bob, LeoVince, SeatConcepts, HyperPro CSC Damper, Shoodabeen Flashed
2003 KLR 685 - +1mm IN & EX SS valves P&P, Innovate Wideband O2 Sensor, Progressive 465 w/ RAP, ThermoBob
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbakeman0971 View Post
...Looking at the V-Stream. Let me know if you have any other suggestions....
What year and model Versys do you have?

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 01:59 PM

Garage
I have the Givi Airflow and it is adjustable on two levels. A little pricey but very effective.
Civit
Bbakeman0971 likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I have a 2018 650 LT.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I've read about the Madstad, V-Stream and Givi. It's all a whirlwind of information to ingest. I'm going to read up on some more reviews then roll the dice.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
https://shopee.com.my/Adjustable-Cli...951.1061216390

whatever wind shield you select , include one of the clip on extension to provide you with fine tuning on wind deflection. Its a tall order to get a perfect windshield and i use Givi with MRA wind deflector and I can set the wind deflection to my desire. Sometimes i want more air to hit me when riding in very hot weather and sometimes set it high to avoid cool air hitting me.

roll the dice.
Bbakeman0971 likes this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 09:39 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I have a Madstad and like it a lot. The adjustability is a nice feature. In cooler weather it can be set to deflect most of the air, but in hot weather it can be lowered and angled to allow more airflow onto me.

The only other windshield I've had on my 2015 V650 was the factory unit. It wasn't terrible, especially for its size, but the Madstad is vastly better.

Their website has a good chart on which size to get for your height. The only comment I have is that when I put on an aftermarket seat it raised me an inch when seated, and now I think I would have preferred the next larger size. For the factory seat their chart was accurate for me (5'10"). If you're considering an aftermarket seat, I would get the seat first and then windshield. You can exchange the windshield for the next taller one if your new seat is higher than OEM.
funflyingguy and Bbakeman0971 like this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Great stuff, Sig. I've looked really closely at the Madstad. Their price point is $100 higher than V-Stream but I'm reading that the adjustability is the difference maker. Maybe I'll save my money to get that one instead.
funflyingguy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode