First farkles - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

First farkles

Took a risk and ordered the following from China. A radiator guard, fender extender, rear hugger, tank pad protector and a screen air deflector. Total cost was $116. Free shipping as well.

All items arrived in 2 weeks and were well packaged except the radiator guard. That was slightly twisted but I bent it back in to shape with no problem.

Fitted everything today and although no instructions were included (I knew this as it was stated on each product page on the website), everything was easy to install except the rear hugger. You need to pry out a “plug” on the swing arm and then screw in the supplied screw to help secure the hugger. Problem, the plug head came off and now I can’t get the plug out. Ended up using a zip tie around the rear brake line. May only be a temp fix but it’ll work for now.

Anyway, I ordered everything via AliExpress - Online Shopping for Popular Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles and More., and although leary about ordering from China, none of the items were critical components, so I figured why not give it a try. Must say that I was pleased with the entire process, and the quality of the items was good. Best part is I paid way less than if I’d brought from “established” companies.

Next on my list in a Con-stand centerstand and frame sliders or engine bars. These I’ll be buying from “established” companies 😄.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator

Smart thinking. Most of Made in China are not so bad...that's why DT is jumping about on trade war.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davec719 View Post
Took a risk and ordered the following from China. A radiator guard, fender extender, rear hugger, tank pad protector and a screen air deflector. Total cost was $116. Free shipping as well.

All items arrived in 2 weeks and were well packaged except the radiator guard. That was slightly twisted but I bent it back in to shape with no problem.

Fitted everything today and although no instructions were included (I knew this as it was stated on each product page on the website), everything was easy to install except the rear hugger. You need to pry out a “plug” on the swing arm and then screw in the supplied screw to help secure the hugger. Problem, the plug head came off and now I can’t get the plug out. Ended up using a zip tie around the rear brake line. May only be a temp fix but it’ll work for now.

Anyway, I ordered everything via AliExpress - Online Shopping for Popular Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles and More., and although leary about ordering from China, none of the items were critical components, so I figured why not give it a try. Must say that I was pleased with the entire process, and the quality of the items was good. Best part is I paid way less than if I’d brought from “established” companies.

Next on my list in a Con-stand centerstand and frame sliders or engine bars. These I’ll be buying from “established” companies 😄.

Dave
Ive ordered several things from AliExpress and have been more than satisfied with the only exception being a larger, tinted windscreen(a lot of see through distortion) but they refunded me $10 to make it right so for $40 total, cant complain!!
I too purchased the Constand center stand and love it. Instructions were vague but finally figured it out and works great.
Enjoy the new add-ons!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode