Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Drumbo, Ontario, Canada
I donít know why this is so difficult, it isnít rocket surgery. Just remove the headlight assembly and install the LED bulbs.
Okay, there are a few things to do, but if you have basic had tools and can ride a motorcycle while chewing gum you will be fine. Here are some tips:
- Remove the headlight from the bike.
- Enlarge the hole in the rubber boots to fit around the fan. Use a sharp knife or find a Girl Scout to assist.
- The adapter that fits into the back of the Halogen bulb is for the electrical connections, it will be installed between the wrong sized headlight plug (WTF Kawasaki???) and the correct sized connector on the LED harness.
- The wire bulb retaining clips have to be adjusted to clear the LED body, an easy task.
- The mounting base on the F2 bulbs can be pulled off and installed into the headlight and secured by the wire retainer clips.
- The rubber boot is installed and then the LED is inserted through the boot and into the mounting base.
- Secure the power supplies to the framework and reassemble the bike.
- Enjoy brighter lights and reduced power consumption.
2011 V650 in Black, well accessorized.