Input on V pricing - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Input on V pricing

This is an 09 with 1600 miles and spotless, the website says $5400. When I walked into the dealer and asked the price of the blue one, the salesman said $5100. From what I've seen, this seems to be a good deal. Thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg versys.jpg (31.3 KB, 80 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 03:52 PM

Looks like an aftermarket windscreen and those side-cases are nice, and not cheap. $5100 seems pretty fair to me. My stock 2008 with 20k miles on it was eventually valued at $5500 by the insurance company after a recent wreck. I had to research comparable Versys' prices to justify that valuation and from what I saw $5100 for such a low-mileage 2009 with hard-cases seems pretty good.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

I've been looking all over the net and haven't really found any better. I've found cheaper, but not with the factory bags and low mileage. Thanks for the input!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zh2oman View Post
This is an 09 with 1600 miles and spotless, the website says $5400. When I walked into the dealer and asked the price of the blue one, the salesman said $5100. From what I've seen, this seems to be a good deal. Thoughts?
Depends on how many fees they tack on. There should be no setup fees since it is used. Expect around $200 for processing fees. I have had good luck negotiating dealer fees by 50% line by line but you still owe your state taxes, title fees, @ 100%.

The price seems fair to me but you may squeak a little more out of them if you have cash with you. If you finance, you won't have as much bargaining room.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

He told me that he'd give me book value for my sportster, which should pretty much cover the price of the Versys.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 05:14 PM

Then grab it man!! You won't regret the Versys....................She's a great bike
Plus this here is one of the best motorcycle forums in the world, dedicated to our beloved V's!
Keep in mind, you may need to change that seat, as it looks to be stock........which is brutal on the arse.....or at least a good portion of us seem to think anyways.....
Cheers
BiGo
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
If you want the bags and windscreen I'd say it is a fair price.

In my area a stock bike has a NADA low retail of $4845 and a Kelly Blue Book Retail value of $4720. $5100 with the extras and low miles is a fair price IMO.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 10:29 PM
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zh2oman View Post
He told me that he'd give me book value for my sportster, which should pretty much cover the price of the Versys.
If he'll give you (book value?) is that trade? Anyway go for it because I know guys having a hell of a time selling their Sportster! Not a popular bike at this time! My two cents!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the inputs, the bags are a plus for me, I'm getting this to start taking longer rides. It all going to come to the deal that they work. I bought the Harley new, added lots, and took good care of it I'm not gonna just give it away!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode