• 1 Post By jaaklucas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
versys 2019 weird sound, plastic or?

Greeting,
first, apologies in my English language,
Versys 2019,only 1000km, at approximately 4200 rpm front left, produces a strange(weird) sound, like a scrape of plastic on plastic, or the screw is loose. I thought the visor, but si not. Something like a screw does not have a rubber sole and creates a resonance. Any suggestion?
thank you

Easy ride-be safe
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 04:03 AM

There are several places where a piece of fairing may contact another piece, you'll have to find the spot and then figure out if something went loose or broke. Can you reproduce the sound when stationary? Also, the bike is still on warranty, right?

2015 Versys 650
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 07:16 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by keed1 View Post
Greeting,
first, apologies in my English language,
Versys 2019,only 1000km, at approximately 4200 rpm front left, produces a strange(weird) sound, like a scrape of plastic on plastic, or the screw is loose. I thought the visor, but si not. Something like a screw does not have a rubber sole and creates a resonance. Any suggestion?
thank you
Here is just one post among many on this site regarding buzzing / rattling noises coming from the cowlings that occur around 4000 rpm on the Versys:

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ml#post1104170
keed1 likes this.

2016 Versys 650 LT, Orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 12:26 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Big_Mac_ View Post
There are several places where a piece of fairing may contact another piece, you'll have to find the spot and then figure out if something went loose or broke. Can you reproduce the sound when stationary? Also, the bike is still on warranty, right?
Ive had the lid off my 2015 650 many times over 3 years doing this and that. Alot of wiring. I always have several sizes of weather-stripping foam tape on deck and any time I take any fairing off I look at places that contact and use some foam. I developed a front fairing buzz 4000 to 5000 and fixed it by wrapping the headlight assembly like that. Maybe it started after adjusting the headlights! I also did the top of the instrument shroud contact point while I had it off. I have some experience soundproofing music studios and I will also glue dense closed-cell foam pieces to the inside of a bare piece of fairing to "deaden" the vibration of that hard composite material, which will sing a bit and transfer the actual sound and add its own. I dont use earplugs with stock muffler,I like to listen to the bike! But I do have closed cell foam inserts in my helmut where the speakers go, deadens it just enough.
keed1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode