3Likes
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 2 Post By cjcintucson

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Coolant Level?

How does everyone keep an eye on coolant level? I have a 2008 and I like to make sure my coolant level is right. I live in Texas and things get hot here. The problem is to check I need to remove the Tupperware. I tried viewing the reservoir from the tank side and even made the appropriate marks on the interior side of the reservoir. The problem is the coolant isn't dark enough to show up against the marks. I even tried to use some floats, but they tended to move to the opposite side. Is there a way quick check the coolant level?

Randy

Do yourself a favor, find America One News Network (OANN) on your cable carrier. 208 on Uverse. News without the Network BS or bias
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 10:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
What coolant are you using?
I used some of that yellow coolant in my Connie and could never tell where I was at.
Was planning to change it out with the red Toyota stuff but ended up selling it.
The OEM Kawasaki stuff seems pretty dark to me.

Rick

Last edited by Alpha One Nine; 05-02-2019 at 11:18 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 11:59 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I use Motul ....easy to see...

P1020299 by weljo2001, on Flickr

Versys 1000 Radiator Flush & Fill by weljo2001, on Flickr
Fastoman likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 02:43 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I use some Green stuff and it easy to see the level and also use black tape for low level indicator.. no problem here
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Just a wild thought here, but I can't see where dumping a bunch of green food coloring in there would hurt anything. Just trying to think outside the box. Hope those that know the dynamics of coolant/antifreeze will comment if there is any harm in it???
quexpress and brwster like this.

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Coolant Freeze level

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcintucson View Post
Just a wild thought here, but I can't see where dumping a bunch of green food coloring in there would hurt anything. Just trying to think outside the box. Hope those that know the dynamics of coolant/antifreeze will comment if there is any harm in it???
Somewhat related, for those that live in a area where it never freezes, reducing the glycol mixture increases the heat transfer. I had a post earlier about this.

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...669-post4.html

Last edited by onewizard; 05-03-2019 at 12:06 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I use Prestone pre-mixed. It is green but not dark enough for where I want to view it.
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ictureid=28855

With the Tupperware off I can see the level fine. The idea is to be able to check my coolant level without removing the Tupperware. I find that I lose a couple of ounces of coolant a month, so it's worth checking.

Randy

Do yourself a favor, find America One News Network (OANN) on your cable carrier. 208 on Uverse. News without the Network BS or bias
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode