Sold the FZ6 - thoughts vs. the Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By civit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Sold the FZ6 - thoughts vs. the Versys

Sold my FZ6 last week. Hurrah!

Just before I did I took her out for a final ride. Jumping off the Versys (a la Mark Marquez &#128516 on to the FZ6 was night and day. OMG!

Iíd always though I ďsat inĒ rather than on the FZ6 but boy was I wrong. I felt perched on top of her, on a brick of a seat, with legs all crunched up, and handle bars that seemed really really narrow. The first 30 seconds was like a newbie riding, wobbling down the street with bugger all clutch and throttle control!

After a minute all was normal again. I still prefer how smooth she is compared to the Versys, but, oh so glad Iíve sold her. I admit I was having 2nd thoughts about the Versys, but that short final ride on the FZ6 really confirmed I did the right thing, as the Versys is so much roomier and comfortable.

Of course, it also helps that Iím now using 87 octane gas, instead of the 85 Iíd used the first 2 tanks. I was just so used to filing up the FZ6 with 85, i was on auto pilot at the gas station. Duh! It makes a huuuuge difference in how she rides with the right gas 😄.

I never thought 2 bikes could be so different. Iím almost having to relearn how to ride, I think for the most part because of the difference in the engines and gearing. Anyway, Iím getting to love my 2015 Versys with every ride, and am happy that I made the decision to buy her.

All the best,
Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 10:42 PM

Right on Dave.

I too have a 2015 V-650 and love it.

It's not the fastest or flashiest, but certainly is the most fun street bike I have ever owned.

Cheers.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 07:33 AM

My first "real" bike was an FZ6. Glad I had it. But am now on the Versys 1000LT. Never had such smooth power in my life! It's so comfy.

Good choice. If you get a chance try the 1000.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 09:11 AM

I also moved from a FZ6 2009 to a versys 15'. No regrets
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerjet View Post
Right on Dave.

I too have a 2015 V-650 and love it.

It's not the fastest or flashiest, but certainly is the most fun street bike I have ever owned.

Cheers.
I can't agree w/ Tim's post: as I STILL have an '08 in AZ and HAD an '09 (the GREEN HORNET) until it was an insurance write-off, replaced by a '15 - the GREEN HORNET TOO, so I will modify his post for ME, thusly:

THEY ARE not the fastest or flashiest, but certainly they ARE the most fun street bikes I have ever owned...!

-

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 05-02-2019 at 12:37 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 07:26 PM

Garage
Dave, I bought a used fz6r as a second ride, but find the seat is a rock. Do you have any suggestions.
Thanks,
Civit
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Hi Civit,

I didnít really think the seat was that bad until I rode her just before I sold her. It was a rock compared to the Versys! I know several on the FZ6 forum (donít know if itís still going) spoke highly of the Top Saddlery seat. I dnk if they make one for the FZ6R.

I think itís a French company but it seems like they make a good product. Iíve never tried the seat so I canít rate it, but it was a popular mod.

Good luck with finding something,
Dave
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 09:26 PM

Iíve had more than my fair share of seat time with the FZ6 and the FZ6R. Both great bikes but very different from one another. I really like the FZ6 and it can be modded into a great touring bike. It be a tough one for me to sell if I owned one but I do prefer the Versys.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 07:01 AM

Garage
Dave, thanks for the input.

Civit
Pecko likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode