Raise forks - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By onewizard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 06:42 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Raise forks

How difficult is it to raise the forks if I did the lowering link from Motorwerks? I'm afraid of the whole system falling apart if I loosened the bolts. Thanks -

Just because I am Deaf does not mean I can not roar.

Long distance two stroke scooter rider moving onto even longer touring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringTodd View Post
How difficult is it to raise the forks if I did the lowering link from Motorwerks? I'm afraid of the whole system falling apart if I loosened the bolts. Thanks -
It's not difficult, but you'll need to stabilize the bike so that it cannot fall over. A trusted helper is handy, if you don't have some sort of wheel chock, etc.

Measure the fork tube protrusion at the top, and then add the measurement of the amount that you intend to lower it.

Then, do one leg at a time. Loosen each bolt just enough to slide the fork tube to the desired length, and then tighten it back.
Save your cut-off. Makes great conversation piece.

No matter where you go - there you are.

Last edited by kballowe; 04-01-2019 at 07:43 AM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Cheers for the response - how do you do one leg at a time - do you have to take the front tire off?

Would a rear end pitbull lift work as a bike stablizer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kballowe View Post
It's not difficult, but you'll need to stabilize the bike so that it cannot fall over. A trusted helper is handy, if you don't have some sort of wheel chock, etc.

Measure the fork tube protrusion at the top, and then add the measurement of the amount that you intend to lower it.

Then, do one leg at a time. Loosen each bolt just enough to slide the fork tube to the desired length, and then tighten it back.
Save your cut-off. Makes great conversation piece.

Just because I am Deaf does not mean I can not roar.

Long distance two stroke scooter rider moving onto even longer touring.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 08:12 AM
jpd

Garage
The pit bull should work fine. When you loosen one side the forks will twist and slide that side higher into the triple tree. Tighten it up and do the other side. I also used a floor jack and a 2x4 to the triple tree to fine tune the fork height. With the mount bolts loose the fork slides too easy and it is hard to hold it in the position you want and tighten the bolts at the same time. My second one slid too far and I needed the jack to raise the front back up. Do not go so far up that the triple tree will clamp on the tapered portion of the fork.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

2015 v 650

Follow Speedy instructions, word of caution, you really need either something under the front, a triple tree stand or something overhead to pull up on the handlebars. The right fork is easy, the left fork on the 2015 you need to be real careful read post #25 of this thread , my left fork shock almost took out my clutch cable. Months later I bought a Venom triple tree stand
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ing+front+fork
RoaringTodd likes this.

Last edited by onewizard; 04-01-2019 at 02:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode