New MotionPro Chain Link Press tool - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaklucas View Post
The problem with the clip on master link is there are a lot of hack ways that people do the install. One thing is the round leading edge of the clip must be facing the direction of travel. I found a tutorial on youtube that had it facing backwards,not even mentioned. I think he used a hammer as well!My master mechanic is in his 70s and his 40 year old shop uses them when they do your chain. I just did my EK chain myself for the second time with a clip,and I asked him his technique. I found a good one on youtube as well backing his method. The O or X rings need to be compressed a bit to expose the clip slots. It went on so easy this time, solid Click. For sure the most bombproof method is no master link but anyone interested in using a clip master link check this video out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=GvRSXmnRRFg

I used a clip once and never had any issues. I prefer to use the riveted and the Bike Master chains I buy often come with one of each. I keep the clip link in my tool kit in case I ever need a quick fix!
jaaklucas likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I'll try to get a pic of it for you....
Here it is w/ the broken piece missing - it goes into that hole in the upper bit. Looked for it, but can't find it right now....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2118.jpg (32.2 KB, 10 views)

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

Replaceable $16

Quote:
Here it is w/ the broken piece missing - it goes into that hole in the upper bit. Looked for it, but can't find it right now....
I posted a link in my last post above , for the replacement pin from Fortnine Canada $16 .

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Now I get it! That's a DID or a DID clone chain tool... not a AFAM easy riveter.

I could not imagine breaking a pin on the AFAM tool because there is no pin on it. It's only used to rivet the chain (not to break the old chain link).

As mentioned by Onewizard, you can get another pin for your DID tool at Fortnine.

Thank you!

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Glen - that looks like what I need, so, NEXT tire order....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode