• 1 Post By P.E.
  • 1 Post By quexpress
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
2011 Versys Value / For Sale ???

I am selling my Versys and was wondering if someone might be able to help me with establishing a fair price?

Details are :

2011 650 Kawasaki Versys {~ 20,000 Km} in very good condition
5,000 Km on tires {new 2017}
SW Motech engine guard
Moto Werk lowering kit
Moto Werk footpeg lowering kit
Seat Concepts lowered seat
Original Seat
Puig Touring Windshield
Paddock Stands{new in box}
Hugger {new in box}

Not ridden in 2018

I am the second owner and had regular dealer servicing done.

Located in Kitchener/Waterloo area Ontario.

Thanks

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter S. Thompson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
2011 Versys 650 For Sale

I can only provide links right now and have you do a comparison, my advice would be to use the USD price without converting, as I found my 2015 was over $1000 cheaper in Canada and that takes into consideration of the value of our dollar. In fact I could have received over $1500 more selling to a guy in Michigan, even had all the paperwork from Kawasaki , the deal fell through as he bid a a buy it now off Ebay and was stuck with that deal.
Also this is a really bad time of the year to sell, look on Kijiji all those new bikes are dealer deals which drives down the price of used bikes. I would wait until mid April.
Too bad you aren't in Australia, as I am still looking at buying a bike there or Tasmania , right now I need to wait and try a X300 out here, as lots of used X300 in OZ.

Also some photos would help https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...otobucket.html

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...sys-650-a.html

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...11-versys.html

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...s-add-ons.html

Kijiji;

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-tourin...ationFlag=true

This one way over priced :
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruis...ationFlag=true

Last edited by onewizard; 03-19-2019 at 04:46 PM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
...right now I need to wait and try a X300 out here, as lots of used X300 in OZ....
Glen - EXCEPT for the OEM seat (it's like 'perching on a 2x4'....), I can almost guarantee that you will really like the 300. I tested one for a couple of hours (in Kelowna area) when they first arrived.

IF (When...?) the V650 gets TOO big for me, I will look at the 300.
onewizard and quexpress like this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
I can only provide links right now and have you do a comparison, my advice would be to use the USD price without converting, as I found my 2015 was over $1000 cheaper in Canada and that takes into consideration of the value of our dollar. In fact I could have received over $1500 more selling to a guy in Michigan, even had all the paperwork from Kawasaki , the deal fell through as he bid a a buy it now off Ebay and was stuck with that deal.
Also this is a really bad time of the year to sell, look on Kijiji all those new bikes are dealer deals which drives down the price of used bikes. I would wait until mid April.
Too bad you aren't in Australia, as I am still looking at buying a bike there or Tasmania , right now I need to wait and try a X300 out here, as lots of used X300 in OZ.

Also some photos would help https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...otobucket.html

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...sys-650-a.html

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...11-versys.html

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...s-add-ons.html

Kijiji;

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-tourin...ationFlag=true

This one way over priced :
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruis...ationFlag=true
Thank you very much for your thoughts and suggestions.

I will be listing the motorcycle next week and adding all my riding gear to the sale.
onewizard likes this.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter S. Thompson
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 08:19 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Id suggest selling your gear separately and individually. The chance of finding a buyer who wants a V, is exactly your size, and needs gear, is like looking for a specific grain of sand in the middle of a hurricane.

If I was a buyer and interested in your bike, Id negotiate a lower than asking price and take the gear, but I wouldnt be paying for it. Then Id sell it piece by piece and make back some $.

And for what it is worth, Im not very good at these kinds of negotiations...

2011 V650 in Black, well accessorized.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16VGTIDave View Post
Id suggest selling your gear separately and individually. The chance of finding a buyer who wants a V, is exactly your size, and needs gear, is like looking for a specific grain of sand in the middle of a hurricane.

If I was a buyer and interested in your bike, Id negotiate a lower than asking price and take the gear, but I wouldnt be paying for it. Then Id sell it piece by piece and make back some $.

And for what it is worth, Im not very good at these kinds of negotiations...
I wanted to sell everything at one time so I would be done with it.

However your advice makes a lot of sense and I will probably go that route.

Thanks
16VGTIDave likes this.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 09:24 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Glen - EXCEPT for the OEM seat (it's like 'perching on a 2x4'....), I can almost guarantee that you will really like the 300. I tested one for a couple of hours (in Kelowna area) when they first arrived.

IF (When...?) the V650 gets TOO big for me, I will look at the 300.
Versys 650: Weight, 206 kg (454 lb) (wet)

Versys 300: Weight, 184 kg (404 lb) (wet)
A 50 lb difference does not look like much at first glance ... but I guess one would feel it while riding.
jaaklucas likes this.

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by quexpress View Post
Versys 650: Weight, 206 kg (454 lb) (wet)

Versys 300: Weight, 184 kg (404 lb) (wet)
A 50 lb difference does not look like much at first glance ... but I guess one would feel it while riding.
My post was because Glen mentioned that there are NOT many V650s FOR SALE there, but LOTS of V300s.

Availability...!

-

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
My post was because Glen mentioned that there are NOT many V650s FOR SALE there, but LOTS of V300s.

Availability...!

-
Got it!

However because of your comment: "IF (When...?) the V650 gets TOO big for me, I will look at the 300."

I'm inclined to guess that it's quite possible to find it lighter/easier to maneuver a 300 because of the 50 lb difference.

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

50 pounds is 50 pounds.... A 1.75L bottle of bourbon = about 5 pounds; a 30 can pack of Coors or Cerveza = about 26 pounds; a LARGE pizza - about 2 pounds... see where I'm going w/ THIS...?

quexpress likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.E. View Post
I am selling my Versys and was wondering if someone might be able to help me with establishing a fair price?

Details are :

2011 650 Kawasaki Versys {~ 20,000 Km} in very good condition
5,000 Km on tires {new 2017}
SW Motech engine guard
Moto Werk lowering kit
Moto Werk footpeg lowering kit
Seat Concepts lowered seat
Original Seat
Puig Touring Windshield
Paddock Stands{new in box}
Hugger {new in box}

Not ridden in 2018

I am the second owner and had regular dealer servicing done.

Located in Kitchener/Waterloo area Ontario.

Thanks
I sold my motorcycle 2 weeks ago for $3,800 CDN.

Thanks for all the suggestions regarding the sale.

Not sure where the road goes now for me but I hope all forum members have many miles of enjoyable riding going forward.

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 04:48 PM

When I bought a cb500F 4 years ago until a few months ago when I bought a 650 LT Ive lost 60 lbs in body weight. The CB weight was 420 Lbs , the 650 LT 474 Lbs. So my loss of body weight has made the the V 650Lt approximately the same total riding weight.
Although Im now close the the maximum body weight I should lose.
Im just waiting until I can get a vacation so I can take my V650 LT on its maiden 1000 mile trip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode